Duplicating a core skyrim playable race

Hectorim

Hello,

I'm planning to create a short character (basically a dwarf). I will need to use separate SexLab animation alignments than other characters and NPCs, but i would like for my char to be able to natively use all of the resources (body meshes, armors, hair, textures) other chars can use. 

Thats why I decided to try and simply create a custom race that would be a duplicate of an existing one. Im however having trouble setting that up in CK. When i create a Nordrace copy, despite it having a "Playable" trait checked, it does not show on showracemenu at all. What else do i need to do in order to see my new copied race?

Or is there some easier way to have my character use custom alignments without disrupting NPC alignments in Sexlab?

Thanks for the answers in advance! Any bit helps!

This might be obvious, but did you create a new Race type in the CK and then apply the changes to all the form lists?

Edit: Found this.. http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_a_custom_race_for_Skyrim It might help. It's basic, but will get you started.

As for alignments, it's doubtful that sexlab will work properly with a significantly shorter race type. Animations are created with a certain body type, that's why they're not always aligned properly for everyone because of the varying body types available.

Archived