[Bodyslide] Converting Armor - Regal Huntsman

Nichoice

I am a big fan of mixing and matching outfits. 

The Armor I have been using on this playthrough is the Regal Huntsman Armor, however the leggings on this armor clips with alot of boots that I have tried.

I have quite alot of thigh-high armored boots to match, but the thighs and calves area are much too big. 

I have tried the sliders in Bodyslide and have tried to mess with the mesh in Outfit Studio until I thought of taking a page from the Remodeled Armor Mod.

I tried to delete the leggings in nifskope and re-convert the armor myself in Bodyslide. 

However the 100% weight I can't seem to get right no matter what, the breasts keep clipping and increasing the mesh around the breast area totally ruins the mesh. 

Essentially what I am trying to do is allow the a original armor to be retained and have it be taken to the tanning rack to create a version where there are no leggings, this I can do easily with Tes5edit by copying and creating a new crafting recipe for the variation. 

However I need to get the conversion right to do so. 

Just deleting the leggings from the mesh itself will not suffice for racemenu morphs. 

Anyone have any suggestions? 

RegalHuntsmanF_1.nif

Alas, this armor is the worst possible type of armor to Bodyslide. There are so few polygons that any attempt to morph the mesh will leave jagged lines and a terrible appearance.

The .nif also seemed to crash outfit studio for me multiple times. Not sure why, but it might have something to do with the ton of loose texture allocators in the .nif file. I wondered if anyone had tried to convert this before and saw that some had tried and it crashed for them too.

Sorry, but I wouldn't waste your time until you can find someone to repair the .nif and increase the polygons.

Someone has converted this, I think I found it here as well

I don't know how he did it, but it was a lot better than my attempt.

The problem is I can't just manually delete the leggings on nifskope. I think the race menu morph tri file needs to be recreated for the leggings to not show.

Unless there was a way to edit such files.

So I tried removing just the leggings in Nifskope and the entire bottom half of my body is invisible lol

That's because there is no body saved in the .nif as with most other armors. In this case there is no need, because the armor is literally a full body armor. Not a single piece of skin shows. Removing the leggings leaves an empty space (invisible body) because there is nothing underneath.

You will need to copy a vanilla body into the .nif. To avoid clipping I suggest using zap sliders and mask the top half of the body.

Edit: Actually, it doesn't have to be a vanilla body seeing as you might need to zap the entire top half. But, if you're converting, the original armor is for vanilla I believe.

On my mobile so I can't edit my last post, I forgot to say thanks for helping me out again

You're welcome :)

Thank you all for the help.

I have a question though, I noticed my new conversion is a lot more bouncier.

All I did was copy the cbbe hdt body and saved the project. Not that I am complaining but I am just curious how!

I didn't change any nor copy any weights over.

Thank you all for the help.

I have a question though, I noticed my new conversion is a lot more bouncier.

All I did was copy the cbbe hdt body and saved the project. Not that I am complaining but I am just curious how!

I didn't change any nor copy any weights over.

Any time.

That's because the body you used as a reference attaches an HDT node to the .nif, which then accesses the HDTPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in the SKSE/Plugins folder. If you don't want HDT use a "CBBE body" not a "CBBE HDT body" as a reference. The shapes are the same but there won't be any bounce at all.

EDIT: Rereading your post I noticed you mentioned 'bouncier' which means it had HDT or perhaps BBP before. There are so many versions of bounce that I am not sure how it all varies. If you have the latest Bodyslide and HDT versions, then maybe the bones act differently in the newer version. Honestly, I don't know and frankly it's frustrating that there was no consensus among creators to stick to a format. Things are better now that the CBBE HDT version is taking the place of older BBP varieties.

Before trying anything make backups first like you did before JIC  :) 

Yes I suspected as much, this armor is quite old, I am assuming so was the conversion. And at the time I don't believe CBBE HDT body was released. 

Perhaps I will try adding in reference CBBE HDT bodies again to all of them so that they match, cause this armor comes with accessories that use other slots. 

Archived