Bad Housecarls!!!

Yikorzel

Anyone else ever wonder what Bethesda was thinking when they designed the AI for the housecarls? Lydia won't get out of my bedroom and she can't decide to sit or stand. She sometimes wanders off, stares off into space, and you have to snap her back into reality! I've had girlfriends just like her, but they were in therapy!

Jordis the Sword Swallower is worthless! The male housecarl in Markarth is a much better housekeeper, but all he does is eat. At least after I got him, he cleaned up his room! Jordis does nothing except hang around the kitchen and eat all my food! I'm surprised she doesn't weigh 300 lbs by now. She hasn't touched her room, and there is still cobwebs hanging around in the basement! I swear I'm gonna punish her in some evil way.

Now, Iona on the other hand, she cooks, cleans, and is always happy to see me when I get home. Her voice is a little annoying, but at least she knows her place and takes pride in her home.

I haven't gotten around to getting the house in Windhelm yet. I'm kinda worried that I might end up with some psycho serial killer with a jello fetish! What was Bethesda thinking!

The only things that annoy me about Lydia, apart from everything about her, are how she handles simple commands like "sit there" "goto sleep" etc. If I tell her to sit on a chair (for whatever reason), sure, she'll sit down, but as soon as I leave "command mode" she just gets back up. Same goes for telling her to sleep. Pretty stupid, but I guess asking some1 to sit down or sleep in Skyrim is completely pointless anyway. So no biggie.

Strange thing is, the only other companion I've had (Brylena), stayed where I told her to sit or sleep. Allowing me to do other things while she has her ass parked.

Archived