Nifskope Fun and Games

assan84

Ok so I have been able to manage getting some changes with the meshes to take hold in Fallout 4.  I have been able to create / copy the necessary nodes to get Glowsights adjusting their positions for revolver barrel length and I have managed to get headlamps on combat helmets, and Tinkerer's headgear.

I must say their are some bizarre things happening with these meshes in the pre-alpha version of nifskope.

On some meshes when I Modify nearly anything other than shader properties it almost always results in a CTD in game.  Others are just fine.  Id like to add support for more headgear with headlamps but I am having serious, nonsensical issues with the meshes.  Parent Child nodes that just don't... do anything like they are supposed to.  Slight adjustments to properties that cause instant ctd's in the game.  Collision bugs when objects arent even touching it goes on and on.  I realize Nifskope is Pre-Alpha but where has everyone else been drawing the line ? and just saying to hell with it.

Really I made this post to find out where the line is between "can be" and "cannot be" done yet.  Has everyone been having these same issues with meshes as I have?  Is their some tool for nif's I haven't seen yet?  Am I an incompentent Boob?  OR a fool for trying to get this to work in the first place.

Any "finding" you find, can be a great help for all the people trying to decode the new NIF format.

Nobody knows it 100%. Not yet.

Just send your findings ("if I change this value then CTD", and so) to the NIFSkope team.

Any "finding" you find, can be a great help for all the people trying to decode the new NIF format.

Nobody knows it 100%. Not yet.

Just send your findings ("if I change this value then CTD", and so) to the NIFSkope team.

Ok thats pretty much what I was thinking but where are these "finds" being reported?  Finding anything to do with nifskope tends to get lost in the plethora of other topics, exactly the same as this one for previous versions that are still lingering on the interwebs.

Archived