nifskope and mod organizer problem

papasitogringo

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what in the heck is going on with mod organizer and nifskope. I installed a mod through mod organizer, the mod has body replacers and I tried to edit the hdt havok path ect ect for collision. Well it doesn't matter if I reinstall the mod or copy over fresh .nif files from another location it still shows the .nif I originally edited.  It's like it's embedded into memory. If I extract mod to desk top and open the .nif it shows as original. It's just if I try to reinstall it or copy over originals to the mod folder in mod organizer and open it, it's the same stupid edit .nif I screwed up on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. when i go to save as through nifskope it shows the two I edited with a lock on it? I'm about to go nuts..

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what in the heck is going on with mod organizer and nifskope. I installed a mod through mod organizer, the mod has body replacers and I tried to edit the hdt havok path ect ect for collision. Well it doesn't matter if I reinstall the mod or copy over fresh .nif files from another location it still shows the .nif I originally edited.  It's like it's embedded into memory. If I extract mod to desk top and open the .nif it shows as original. It's just if I try to reinstall it or copy over originals to the mod folder in mod organizer and open it, it's the same stupid edit .nif I screwed up on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. when i go to save as through nifskope it shows the two I edited with a lock on it? I'm about to go nuts..

It sounds like you do not have Write Permissions in the ProgramData folder.

No, I can delete the files, example hand 1 and hand 0 mesh with in the mod organizer mod folder and then extract or move new files, but when I open with .nif those files have the same values as the created .nifs I deleted. The only way to make changes is to save as in nifskope to that folder, but once I do it's the same files will be opened no matter if I delete them or replace them. It's like it's cached the last save and once I put new nifs and open it's the same as before. Like I said if I save as it makes changes, but if it's already screwed up Im not sure which line to fix. Not sure why deleting the mod and reinstalling to mod organizer doesn't replace these files, and it may. But nifskope is showing what ever last nifs were used or saved. Does this make sense?

No, I can delete the files, example hand 1 and hand 0 mesh with in the mod organizer mod folder and then extract or move new files, but when I open with .nif those files have the same values as the created .nifs I deleted. The only way to make changes is to save as in nifskope to that folder, but once I do it's the same files will be opened no matter if I delete them or replace them. It's like it's cached the last save and once I put new nifs and open it's the same as before. Like I said if I save as it makes changes, but if it's already screwed up Im not sure which line to fix. Not sure why deleting the mod and reinstalling to mod organizer doesn't replace these files, and it may. But nifskope is showing what ever last nifs were used or saved. Does this make sense?

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

Gloss Property is the same value as it was before you made the change?

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

.nif will be what ever I saved it at. now delete the sword.nif out of the mod directory with in mod organizer and reinstall the mod that the sword.nif  was original in. You think ok it's now original, so you open sword.nif up with nifskope and it is not the original, rather what we did above when we changed glass property. Understand?

I think it's a security issue when opening the nif in this virtual file system. What i'm doing now is having original on desktop making changes and loading nifskope with admin rights and then saving to mod organizer. Not sure why I have to do this but I think it's working.

To clarify I can edit that .nif all day long with in mod organizer/mod folder and save as and it makes the save, but once I uninstall that mod and reinstall it, what ever we edited with nifskope before we deleted the mod and reinstalled it stays even if that .nif has been overwritten. Not sure why?

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

.nif will be what ever I saved it at. now delete the sword.nif out of the mod directory with in mod organizer and reinstall the mod that the sword.nif  was original in. You think ok it's now original, so you open sword.nif up with nifskope and it is not the original, rather what we did above when we changed glass property. Understand?

I think it's a security issue when opening the nif in this virtual file system. What i'm doing now is having original on desktop making changes and loading nifskope with admin rights and then saving to mod organizer. Not sure why I have to do this but I think it's working.

Is mod organizer in ProgramFiles Directory?

Cause when we get down to it that would likely be an issue.

See you don't have to install Steam to the ProgramFile Directory....

It fixes a lot of crazy issues.

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

So

Open mod folder Sword.

Open Sword.nif

Change Gloss Property

File Saveas Sword.nif

Close

Open Sword.nif

Is mod organizer in ProgramFiles Directory?

Cause when we get down to it that would likely be an issue.

See you don't have to install Steam to the ProgramFile Directory....

It fixes a lot of crazy issues.

Yes, but I still can't see why if I delete that mod I edited from mod organizer and reinstall the mod, why the original stuff doesn't over write it?

Alright well I've been trying to tell you that your issue may likely be due to installing the game into the Program Folders,

Its not hard to find topics on this with an internet search............

Look I've personally run into this before Read/Write Permission nonsense so here.........

Here is a picture from STEP Page

post-79263-0-24430300-1451580469_thumb.png

Archived