Skyrim: The journey

deltarno

Quick questions to all you masters of perversion.  Just got a new computer, and I'm trying to build up the stamina to perform the multi-hour setup required for a properly loaded Skyrim.  Looking up Skyrim mod blocks, however, lead me to Skyrim: The Journey.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3ddrjg/this_450_mods_skyrim_is_incredible

Long story short, it's a pre-assembled collection of many mods, (Many of them the ones I like) and some simple steps to install them in one big bundle.  Granted, I'm sure it will run into problems, but the description lists many fixes, and after looking over those screenshots, I'm willing to risk it!

However, to me the adult mods really bring out the experience, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows how I can install the lovely adult mods this site is famous for.  I'll be looking for the nude and bouncing mods, of course, along with Defeat, romance, and various quest mods to keep the lovin' lore friendly.

Anyone else have experience with this instillation, and know where to put the 'extra fun' mods?

Well there's no real secret hun, it's just like installing any other mod, throw it in MO and that's it.

For sex mods I'd recommend you looking at SexLab Index

For "bouncing bewbiez" you'll need the following:

FNIS Basic, install this. 

XMPSE Skeleton, without this nothing will work. Never let anything overwrite it kay? Kay.

UNP Body Base body, you can also use CBBE, but UNP is more advanced, and looks better in my opinion

BodySlide You'll need this to get the HDT (To make things bounce) body, and also customize your body shape.

HDT Physics Extension The actual physics plugin.

HDT Bounce and Jiggle Better physics (Requires HDT Physics Extension)

I won't be guiding you step through step to how to install these since they're basic, and there are a lot of tutorials around for it. 

PS: I know this goes without saying, but read the mod descriptions and requirements. If you have any questions, need help or just want recommendations, just ask ^^

There's nothing stopping you installing whatever mods you like on top of the Journey collection.  The first reply is a good start.

But

From a quick look through it looks like it's take a long time to put all those mods together and ensure compatibility.  Any new mod could break that balance.  There's also a chance that any new updates could break things.  For example, one of the mods in Journey may rely on an old version of papyrusutils while one of the mods you try to add depends on a newer version.  You'd also have to avoid using LOOT (or set up some custom rules) as the Journey readme says that would breaks things too.

In other words, proceed with caution (test each mod you install before moving onto the next) and don't be surprised if everything falls apart :)

Thanks for the advice, everyone!  As an aside, running journey on its own worked flawlessly, aside from some gripes of mod choices the creator used.  All in all though, very nice.

Pity that I cannot get Sexlab to work on it.

This should surprise no one, of course, but I was expecting crashes, and fire, and the usual bad things.  This was...odd.  First off, Sex lab wouldn't show up at all if I loaded via SKSE desktop.  Loading via Mod Organizer brought it up on the MCM menu, but it also said my SKSE was out of date, so SOS couldn't load.

The strange thing was, though, that it simply wouldn't work.  Sexlab had a 'Install' tab in the MCM, but clicking it did nothing, nor id clicking it, exiting the menu and waiting.  To test it, I brought in two seperate mods, Matchmaker and Defeat.  Again, had to go through MO to see them at all.  Defeat loaded, tried both as aggressor (no response), and victim (dropped weapon, dialog, aggressor walked away while I was stuck in surrender pose).

So, from what I can tell, either a mod or multiple mods in the list disable our mods (unlikely) or I have actually reached the limit of how many mods can be loaded (much more likely, since mods were disappearing or replacing each other.)

So, in general the test was a failure.  I Anyone know how to load more than 228 mods?  Failing that, I'll first try to remove a few that might be unneeded, and if/when that fails, I'll do the traditional thing of burning it all down, then start from scratch.

Thanks again for the tips/warnings!

I will be honest.

Its best to install them 1 by 1. I personally have 435 mods enabled with a total of 237 plugins enabled. (That's my serious profile not the fun one)

Most of the mods/plugins i merged them together with Merge Plugins . Honestly rushing it will make you do mistakes so take your time downloading+installing mods, it took me a long time to do that but the end result is awesome.

Heh, yeah, I really should have learned my lesson from ye olde saturday morning cartoons about not taking the quick and easy path.  Pity, this bundle looked amazing.  Still, I supose I'll just have to keep a record of what mods he used and load them one at a time.  Never tried merging mods before, so this will be interesting.

• 9 months later...

I will be honest.

Its best to install them 1 by 1. I personally have 435 mods enabled with a total of 237 plugins enabled. (That's my serious profile not the fun one)

Most of the mods/plugins i merged them together with Merge Plugins . Honestly rushing it will make you do mistakes so take your time downloading+installing mods, it took me a long time to do that but the end result is awesome.

Can I kindly ask you to put the hge effort in packing your plugins and mods and putting up a torrent with them? MEGA link?

I understand the temptation to install someone else's mod list in one go and play. I get it. But don't you want to personalize it? Don't you want to play mods YOU want to play, and not mods someone else picked out? Look, a huge part of playing this game with mods is making the world your own. There are so many different kinds of mods out there for different tastes (especially on Lover'sLab), that installing a pre-pack of mods will always result in you not being happy with something. Forget about how technically unsound and unwise it can be for a second and think about whether or not you want to play some other personal's game/kink, one that may not suit your tastes.

Archived