Camera Manipulation and Screenshots

Daguy

Is anyone else having problems wrestling the camera options in Skyrim to get decent screenshots? I know of our old friend TFC and the new ANIMCAM.

TFC seems to move entirely too fast, and the persepective seems to be just a little off. Its also imposible to attack or such like it used to be in Oblivon. It was good for setting up action scenes. Has anyone found a way around these problems?

ANIMCAM seems to be the annoying answer to the fact you are forced ito a behind view for combat or spellcasting... except while you can spin the camera around, it utterly disables any sort of movement and is only any good for distant shots, unless you can make it close in by moving closer to a wall.

So... may I propose a thread about how we each use the camera and offer advice and little tricks we have picked up?

Basics are explained pretty well with this.

Additionally, there is the Director's Tools on Nexus which permits pretty much any animation for the player to use at will on the pc and npcs.

Another function I also found useful is "tai" which toggles the AI of the npc or entity selected and also completely freezes them in place.

For example, say I'd want a shot with lydia mid-power attack, I would:

1) press the "~" key, select her so her refID is subject so I can apply the tai later at the precise frame of animation I'd want.

2) use Director's tools to have her perform said animation.

3) as soon as she begins the animation, I would press the "~" key to repeatedly freeze the game throughout the animation until she is in the exact frame I want. Then while still in console mode and since I have her refID highlighted, I would type in "tai" freezing her individually.

And now she's frozen in the pose you want, then you can apply the positioning commands as posted above.

I do it this way because I like to have very specific frames of animation and it allows freezing subjects one by one instead of having a scene happen and just hoping it'll happen how I wish to see it. And you can have them perform the action nearly anywhere and you can position them later.

Another useful command is "fov #" which changes the field of vision of the camera with # being the angle of the field of vision. I think the default angle is 70, the higher the angle, the more wider your camera can see. Just mess around with it to see how much it can affect how your shots look.

Also, I didn't know about these commands until today which allows you to rotate entities.

[axis] resembles the x,y,z axis for 3d positioning.

getpos [axis] : returns the position in axis value of the selected object – getpos x

setpos [axis] [value] = sets the position of the selected object – setpos z 200

getangle [axis] = returns the angle of the selected object – getangle y

setangle [axis] [value] = sets the angle of the selected object – setangle x 45

rotate [axis] [value] = rotates the selected object manually – rotate x 45

Takes alot of time though, just sharing how I do things.

Here are some of what I shot for example. These are NFSW but I'm sure you're fine with that.

Also' date=' is there a way to get rid of the HUD while in "TFC 1" mode? Plus, when you do this, the player character just ups and disappears, that kinda sucks. I wanted to do shots with the player character getting involved in some "extra curricular activity" with his companion HAHA.

[/quote']

[spoiler= sroll out of your character and type "tfc 1" ]

death_of_a_dragon_by_convaincant-d4y7eac.jpg

I just wanted to say that zz2tommy's pics from his skimpy lightshow mod inspired me to do some of my own research regarding console commands. I wish I had just read his post here instead though!

Pics he inspired:

NSFW

12793-4-1336136643.jpg

12793-3-1336136642.jpg

12793-2-1336136642.jpg

12793-1-1336136641.jpg

12793-1-1336136526.jpg

12793-1-1336136502.jpg

12793-1-1336136463.jpg

12793-1-1336136388.jpg

12793-1-1336136332.jpg

12793-1-1336136288.jpg

LOL VERY GOOD mayatola !

1 question' date=' how did you get under the women in shackles ?

[/quote']

Thanks. :)

For NPCs, after you get them in the animation you want, I just use "tai" to freeze them completely. After that, you can position them however you want. Otherwise, they'll just float away due to collision (I've tried targetted "tcl" but it doesn't seem to do anything).

For the PC, I go into the animation and "tfc" (usually "tfc 1") first. Then you can position yourself without worrying about floating away (or you can also use "tcl" in this case). If you don't go into "tfc" before changing your position to under the shackled woman, the camera will cause your PC to vanish (or if you use director's tools, perhaps you can center the camera on something else first).

So TLDR, for NPCs, use "tai" toggle AI console command so they don't float away. PC, go into "tfc 1" (or "tfc" with "tcl" -off), then position after so the camera doesn't make you disappear.

Archived