Creating New Standalone Paintings/Signs with FO4Edit

SCarverOrne

Hey guys. Like most people, I have used TESVEdit thousands of times to clean or merge mods. But since the GECK isn't yet released, that leaves (arguably) only FO4Edit to create and manipulate mods or the game files. I've looked all over for information regarding how to create new items (standalone) specifically paintings, signs, etc. but the only tutorials or forum posts I have found are about how to clean mods, or how to create your own patch, or something that isn't what I'm looking for. LL's always been way more chill than other places I frequent, and the users have always been way nicer and helpful than... well. I'm just going to say "another popular modding site" and leave it at that. People get really holier-than-thou elsewhere if you ask for help, as if giving me information is violating some Masonic code or that it's simply beneath them to interact with the non-ubernerd peasants.

Can anyone give a simple step-by-step guide how to create new standalone paintings / signs using FO4Edit? I've unpacked all the game's data, and have images I'd like to use with new paintings one could place using the settlement workshops.

Archived