CTD on character menu

urielmanx7

Last night my game crashed when I went to the character menu; at first I didn't thought much of it, but today I tested it, and the crash is in there, I can go to the body settings, but as soon as my cursor touches the face to sculpt, the game crashes; any ideas? Also, I'm going via console (slm 14 1) not by the surgeon.

Did you have the "lookup failed" issue in the face sculpt screen before you have encountered crashes?

Older versions of FO4edit haven't handled string entries correctly. Just saying that because I had the same issues, and I had the lookup failed issue (in my case it was the busty mod, no offense to the author, it's normal that such things happen in the beginning, also these issues were fixed). My guessing is that the game stores bad entries in the savegame, till it is too much and the game crashes because of this bullshit stored in the savefiles (thanks Bethesda, it somehow reminds of the issue that scripts were saved in Skyrim...).

I only could solve my problem by loading an older save (multiple hours of playing were lost, but that's the risk of modding). 

I don not know what the  "lookup failed" issue is, but I remember that at some point when I changed my chars eye color, the eyeballs suddenly pop out of her skull, also I indeed was using busty, but uninstalled it after the alpha release of CBBE, also I did used BadilatorBetterBiggerBoobsAndButt, I remember reading something in it's page about dirty strings in the body menu, I'll try to install them again and see if I can get rid of the crash, worst case scenario, I'll have to wear a mask on my char's for the rest of the playthrough.

Archived