Sexlab Aproach and Attraction... use or dont use?

Bigice5150

While just browsing the site I was reading over the mod Sex Slaves 5.2.  The author stated in it as I was reading the material NOT to use Sexlab approach or Sexlab Attraction with the mod.  His explaination was simply 'Do not use with Sexlab v1.6' so I guess my question is "Why?"  Not trying to be stupid here but I am unaware that these would already be implimented within the Sexlab and that you still need these two mods in order to have most of the generic stuff operational.  True, I have some issues with Approach in that setting the attraction too high will constantly have NPC's bothering you and can unintentionally lead to crashes when a NPC trying to talk to you prots while your frantically running around between cells trying to do quests. 

So, if anyone knows why this is the case please let me know because I would love to understand if something has been put out that I am not aware of.  Because if that is the case and it has been integrated already then I can drop two mods off of my mod list easing the tension on the totalpull on my system.  Thanks for anyone willing to advise me on this.

Both mods are great and I personly like them very much :)

But when you used them with sexlab 1.6 as soon as you have talk to an NPC you get a repeated "validation check"  and it never stops. it floods the log until either you get so bog down from  lag or it causes a ctd.

When I tests why my setup suddenly had problems after I upgraded sexlab to 1.6 hotfix2 sebtember 2.  I used the individual test to find out which of them it could cause the problem. starting with only sexlab, then sexlab and arousal and then sexlab arousal and sos. and so on.

there was no lag large block of text from something calling validation or anything. until Attraction and Approach was used. it seems find in the beginning then my char met a npc and I talk to him. from then on more or less is spawms the log for validation sometime the same actor right after another the log from that play which took me less then 15 minuts are around 700kb big where as the other logs from 21 others char I used was between 10kb to 200kb after an hour or so at most.

afterwards I wrote to fishburger67 about what my test have found out.

you can still use the mods but I would recommend not to unless you use sexlab 1.59c. those two mods needs some love and updateds :)

OOooooohhh... gotcha.  So in essence the new update doesn't seem to be compatible for the time being with sexlab 1.6 hotfix2.  Kinda good to know since I still have 1.59c installed for now.  So, that means that I can delay the update for the time being and see if they fix the issue over the next few weeks.  Thanks for the information because I really didn't know why they were saying that and they didn't give an explanation.  Now, I feel like I can make an informed decision one what I should do about updating.  Thank ya man.

OOooooohhh... gotcha.  So in essence the new update doesn't seem to be compatible for the time being with sexlab 1.6 hotfix2.  Kinda good to know since I still have 1.59c installed for now.  So, that means that I can delay the update for the time being and see if they fix the issue over the next few weeks.  Thanks for the information because I really didn't know why they were saying that and they didn't give an explanation.  Now, I feel like I can make an informed decision one what I should do about updating.  Thank ya man.

You are welcome and I am happy  Iwas able to help out I though I thought I had explained it in the support forum for Sexlab sexslave... must have slipped my mind. :s

But yes if you are still using Sexlab 1.59c then there should be no problems with them :) Though to be honest I do not remember they have ben updated sinces 2014. which is why I say the need some love and updates :)

Both are getting a bit old to be honest though Redux is the newest of the two.  Honestly, the coding should be pretty easy just to do a quick reworking to make it compatible... which, unfortunately I couldn't do considering I am probably computer smart somewhere in the area of mentally retarded.  So, hopefully someone will take up the challenge over a weekend, knock it out, and we'll thank him/her for it. 

Archived