Help with making the player use packages

wulfy1

Hi guys,

I have been working on mod and at one point, it would be a lot easier to just make the player use a script package, rather than depend on the player to figure out what they are supposed to do. Can anyone tell me how to force a PC to use a script package? At present, I have tried to use

Player.AddScriptPacage "packagename"

Playerref.evaluatepackage

Inside of a dialogue result script. Basically, I am trying to get the player to walk from one spot in a cell and to a chair and sit inside the same cell.

Hi guys' date='

I have been working on mod and at one point, it would be a lot easier to just make the player use a script package, rather than depend on the player to figure out what they are supposed to do. Can anyone tell me how to force a PC to use a script package? At present, I have tried to use

Player.AddScriptPacage "packagename"

Playerref.evaluatepackage

Inside of a dialogue result script. Basically, I am trying to get the player to walk from one spot in a cell and to a chair and sit inside the same cell.

[/quote']

Interesting idea, good luck. I'm trying to do something similar to give the player (in Skyrim) headtracking but have had no success so far.

Hey have you tried adding custom packages to the npc "player" and then triggering them with scripts? I mean I honestly don't know what I'm talking about' date=' but that idea just popped into my head...

[/quote']

Yeah, I tried that and could not get it to work. I figured that it was not how people made it work but figured I would try it. I think I will dissect Player Slave or if I can figure out which of the cursed armor files has the player force follow, I can look there. Sometimes you can reverse engineer stuff like this and sometimes not. Wish me luck.

Wulf

Thanks, I may have to do that. I am trying a modified version of DP

s Follow Me mod and it is pretty tough to make it work the way I need it to.

I may just skip this process and introduce a new quest stage with some instructions but I was trying to keep it immersive. Just have to see how far I can whittle this down.

Wulf

Archived