purple buildings

dslxksanta

i have been toying with adding mods and am a noobie/moderate user of them. at first it was the idea of adding quests and the like then i got pervy. now i hvae the right adult mods i want working...for now...those that i have fully downloaded...but now my buildings are all like bright purple, the roads in town, whole nine yards. i tried downloading bettercities but i didnt install it. can someone help me out? my mod list is extensive and i will try to post it soon.:-/

You have missing textures. (purple look = missing textures).

Either a mod you added has missing textures or you didn't install the textures into the correct place.

e.g. instead of adding textures to ..\textures\amod\.. or whatever, you did something like:

..\amod\textures\amod\.. or any one of numerous possible cut'n'paste SNAFUs. (grin).

Look again at the structure of the mods files and what you then pasted into place. Good odds from what you say it might be better cities if you installed any of its meshes, even if you didn't activate any esps/esms. The best way to install a mod is to unpack, inspect, install.

Yeah a good way to avoid headaches like this is to get familiar with the Data folder in your game's directory. Keeping a backup copy of that folder when you have a working set of mods you like can be a key step in preventing the heartbreak of having to re-install when you have no idea what happened to your game.

The error you are speaking of though is reasonably fixable if you backtrack and look at the contents of the latest mods you installed by unpacking them into a folder on your desktop for examination, putting each one into it's own folder so they don't end up overwriting each others content. Look at their files. If you don't know what a file is, search it's extension through Google and see if that gives you any clues. Bethesda games, which are meant for modding are divided into a very self explanatory folder structure which helps a lot. The more familiar you get with your game's file structure, the safer your game will be! As Symon said, what you have is missing textures.

well i looked and looked and looked, and being a noob to mods and all i couldnt find the missing textures. and it wasnt better cities i think it was ooo or mmm or on of those acronyms. so i am basically doing a full deletion and re-instal of oblivion, and aye i did delete the save files in my documents. i hadnt gotten any characters much further than the intro scene, ie just left the city sewers. so nothing epically lost. i originally played the crap out of this game on the 360, and sadly no mods available for it on the xbox. then i heard about them on the com and am working to perfect adding mods on it. and hopefully will be able to start making mods, though i havent the faintest clue how to go about doing that. just wanna make new races and chars and animations. but probably gonna start simply with weapons and buildings. any pointers?

Archived