How to create slavetattoo's using blender?

asdasd123123

I've been trying to use blender to make overlays/slavetats but i simply can't figure this program out. 

I installed the NIF export/import plugin (It works), import the body nif, and that's all i know. The body loads good (Textures also appear perfectly). 

My question is how do i create a new layer, draw something, then export the tattoo i drew to an image file separate from the body. 

I'm a COMPLETE noob with blender so if you know a solution, please explain every detail. Thanks for reading. 

For that you would only need photoshop, paint.net, gimp or pretty much any image editing software. It's all just textures, no need to do any 3d stuff. You should check out tattoo packs already made and see whats included. But basically open your body texture in say, gimp, and add new layers to draw your tattoos. Before saving it as .dds remove the body texture layer so that only tattoos are left. Then all thats left is a few lines of text for slavetats to find your tattoos.

Check out "For Artists" section: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/619-slavetats/

For that you would only need photoshop, paint.net, gimp or pretty much any image editing software. It's all just textures, no need to do any 3d stuff. You should check out tattoo packs already made and see whats included. But basically open your body texture in say, gimp, and add new layers to draw your tattoos. Before saving it as .dds remove the body texture layer so that only tattoos are left. Then all thats left is a few lines of text for slavetats to find your tattoos.

Check out "For Artists" section: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/619-slavetats/

Yeah i've used photoshop for this in the past, but it simply does a horrible job on cbbe's layout. 

It shouldn't be any different than unp. Its just that at some parts of the model the textures get stretched and distorted a bit. Its mostly trial and error to find out which parts look good and which need additional adjustments. You could save the tattoos with textures as a new body texture and then you would see them in use somewhere like blender or outfit studio. But do backup your original textures first so you don't need to dl again.

It shouldn't be any different than unp. Its just that at some parts of the model the textures get stretched and distorted a bit. Its mostly trial and error to find out which parts look good and which need additional adjustments. You could save the tattoos with textures as a new body texture and then you would see them in use somewhere like blender or outfit studio. But do backup your original textures first so you don't need to dl again.

It's not easy to do a massive multi-body overlay on photoshop - not to mention you can't just have straight out lines they MUST be moved along the body rather then just slapped. So blender makes this process extremely simple and does all the hard work for you. 

Problem solved:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/tutorial/?tutorial_id=2730&page_number=8

Archived