New Animator and Modeler, Need Advice

TheTruthTeller

Hey guys I'm new to the scene and wish to start doing modeling and animations for skyrim mods and other stuff. I'm currently using Blender but need some advice hopefully from some Vetran animators...

This right here is the first model I have ever made, I whipped it up in about 3 hours the problem is I wanted it to actually have some realistic motion and such (Bending, Compressing, Flopping, ECT.) Just to play around with. I tried applying Soft Bdy physics to it, but that just seemed to cause it to exploded when interating with most things...

post-61387-0-93268600-1438852654_thumb.png

post-61387-0-62416700-1438852666_thumb.png

post-61387-0-24952200-1438852676_thumb.png

post-61387-0-23456100-1438852687_thumb.png

I am very confused at to why it will not work well, I played around with just about every setting but it seems that no matter what If I touch it with something animated the mesh freaks out... I also treid sort of "Faking it" using interactive paint but that just didn't look very real at all...

So I've drawn the conlusion that I must be doing something wrong... And that's were I'm at a stand still... Is there another setting for creating "Realistic" Flesh on Flesh  simulations... Or is every time you see something like this is it just fully animated, and if so what about HDT pysics..? Should I remesh it? Or so I need to add bones before the Soft Body simulation..?

I am just completly confused at this point as to how I should progress and any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Okay, some things to keep in mind if you plan on doing Skyrim based animations.

Skyrim probably isn't going to handle dynamic animal genitalia unless some sort of back end scripting is also done to support it. Either in the form of SoS for critters or perhaps HDT, but both would require rebuilding skeletons, adding weights, etc. etc. to all the animals you want to apply this sort of modification to.

TBH, even SoS has some limitations on what you can do with it in terms of dynamic or secondary movement.

I've been a firm believer in the idea that animating is difficult enough.  It's even more-so when you're limited by what the game engine can handle.  :|

That said, I have no experience with Blender.  I have some in Softimage and Max but that's about it.  I do know that running simulations ( Soft / Hard body physics ) were a giant pain in the ass in those packages as well so I'm afraid I won't be much help there.  The motion can be done manually vs letting the simulator do it, but it adds quite a bit of time and work to the whole process.

Of interest to you in the Blender world:

Thank you very Much for your reply Dayelyte,

I actually have seen all of those videos already and it seems that almost no matter what when I try a simulation with two soft bodies interacting, the meshes seem to like to freak out and collapse in on themselves...

It's at least reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who has ran into issue witb Soft/Hard bodies. I wonder how HDT manages to pull it off... I'll have to look into it more and perhaps try some simulations under different circumstances...

Thanks agian though for your reply, and the awesome work you do!

Archived