FNIS not Recognizing Sexlab

So ive been triyng to get Sexlab to work all day. i downloaded all the prerequisites and installed them, SKSE, FNIS, SkyUI, all of it.  i placed the Generate FNIS for users folder into the data folder, as well as SexLab,  attempted to run the program, and nothing about Sexlab begin read came up. so i began troubleshooting, placing the Sexlab folder everywhere, thinking that  was probably the problem and i was just being dumb. herei am hours later and ive tried everything. none of it seems to work. so could someone please help a modding noob with his files please?

Please provide some details about:

* how you manage your mods (manual or mod manager, and which one)

* errors from GenerateFNISForusers (possibly including a screenshot of the options you selected.)

* the version of SexLab, and FNIS

i am using the latest version of sexlab framework and the latest vesion of FNiS, the 5.5 fix version. unfortunately i only have nexus mod manager to use, and knowing how potentially unreliable it can be didnt use it for FNIS. 

Heres the FNIS log:

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5 fix1   7/19/2015 8:33:23 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

Creature Pack not installed

0 animations for 0 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

I use NMM too and I've never had any problems using it to install FNIS. Perhaps your FNIS is in the wrong location and isn't finding any of the files it's supposed to? FNIS is meant to go into \Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users and \Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Modders

EDIT: Since you added more to the post above: your FNIS log confirms it was installed into the incorrect directory. (you put it directly in Data, it needs to go into Data\tools)

Reading the "number of bones" from your skeleton, I think you are using a vanilla one.

Please consider to use XPMSE as skeleton.

(This is not related to the failure of generating the behaviors with FNIS.)

Okay so i placed the FNIS program in the Tools folder of the FNIS folder that i got, since i assume is the tools folder you are referring to, and i got this....

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V5.5   7/19/2015 9:27:31 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\FNIS Behavior 5.5\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Reading FNISBase V5.5 ...

47 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

No, that's worse. :P

Pay attention to this line from your log:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\FNIS Behavior 5.5\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Notice how the folder path has 2 Data folders in it? That's not how this works! Your folder structure should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

ooohhhh okay thanks so much. sorry for the trouble lol, suppose it was just a case of me being dumb :)

FNIS Behavior V5.5   7/19/2015 9:36:40 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
>>Warning: Custom skeleton found. Select SKELETON patch.<<

Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading SexLab V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...

Generating animationsetdatasinglefile.txt ...

0_master usage: 3.4 %   ( 9 paired, 0 kill animations)

833 animations for 3 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

Good, but you have this problem in your log now:

>>Warning: Custom skeleton found. Select SKELETON patch.<<

You'll want to enable the FNIS checkbox that says "Skeleton Arm Fix", and then press the Update FNIS Behavior button again. Hopefully you'll stop getting FNIS warnings then, but if you still have one, let us know.

Archived