[OUTDATED!!!] [DOA5LR] How to use mods in the Steam version

Kinopio64

EDIT - This tutorial is outdated. For a more convenient way of installing costume mods, I recommend using Autolink. Check here to find out more.

---

It is widely believed amongst all of us that the only way we can use modded costumes in the PC version of Dead or Alive 5: Last Round is if we use a pirated version of the game. We can only make them into DLC packs for the time being and we need a cracked INI file to use them, meaning we can only use them offline as a result.

Well, that’s not necessarily the case.

There IS a way to use DLC mods in the Steam version, though a word of warning – this way does cost money, as you will need an official DLC pack purchased on Steam to use it. Still, for being able to use mods online, surely that’s worth it, right?

It is quite a lengthy process, but after you've done it the first time, it'll be much quicker to add new mods in the future.

To do this, you will need these tools:

DLC tool (ver. 0.9.1 recommended)

Achivarius

Right, before you start, you’ll want to gather the raw files for the mod you want to use in the game. If you already have them, great. If not, you can use Achivarius to extract them from the relevant DLC pack. Save them for later.

2vt5he1.jpg
Now you’ll need to locate the file containing your newly-bought DLC pack. For the purpose of this tutorial, I will be using the Pre-purchase reward set, which has a folder ID of 352150.

wlr88i.jpg

All purchased DLC packs will go in the DLC folder in the game’s directory (Steam\SteamApps\common\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round). Make sure you back up this folder before messing with, so it can be easily restored should you mess up.

2eg8h0h.jpg
Open up the DLC tool, and click “New DLC”. Choose the folder you want to save it in, and save it as the number of the DLC pack you wish to modify (352150, in this case.) The DLC tool won’t let you edit packs that are already saved, so you’ll need to set everything up. If you’re only interested in your own costumes and don’t care about the costumes already in the pack, you can disregard this and get onto adding them.

24bpus5.jpg
If, however, you wish to keep the costumes in the official pack, you will need to put them in before adding your own. Open the pack in Achivarius and extract the raw files to a safe place.

20fs468.jpg

Now add each character on the DLC tool, ensuring you get the slot numbers and hairstyles correct.

In the case of the Pre-purchase pack, it should go like this (Face will always be 1 unless otherwise stated):

Hayabusa

Slot 0

Hairstyle A = 0 (Face 0)

Hayate

Slot 0

Hairstyle A = 1

Kasumi

Slot 21

Hairstyle A+B = 3

Hairstyle C+D = 1

Hairstyle E+F = 4

Hairstyle G+H = 6

Ayane

Slot 21

Hairstyle A+B = 4

Hairstyle C+D = 1

Hairstyle E+F = 3

Hairstyle G+H = 5

Kasumi

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 2

Hairstyle B = 1

Hairstyle C = 3

Hairstyle D = 5

Hairstyle E = 4

Hairstyle F = 6

Ayane

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 3

Hairstyle B = 4

Hairstyle C = 5

Hitomi

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 1

Hairstyle B = 4

Hairstyle C = 5

Kokoro

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 1

Hairstyle B = 2

Hairstyle C = 3

Hairstyle D = 4

Hairstyle E = 5

Leifang

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 2

Hairstyle B = 1

Hairstyle C = 4

Hairstyle D = 6

Mila

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 1

Hairstyle B = 1 (Face 2)

Hairstyle C = 4

Momiji

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 1

Hairstyle B = 2 (Face 2)

Rachel

Slot 22

Hairstyle A = 1

Hairstyle B = 2

Once you’ve done that, add the raw files for each specific costume. At this point, you may want to save the state so you’ll have a point to go back to if you change your mind about costume slots. Click on “Save state” in the top right-hand corner and select the file to save to. You can save it as anything you like, but I prefer to save it as the folder number.

Now it’s time to start adding your own costumes. Use the same process as above, assigning the right slots and hairstyles of each costume. Once you’re happy with everything, you can click “Save DLC” to create your pack. A box should then pop up to let you know it has saved successfully. Make sure you save the state of your pack before closing to ensure you can easily add more costumes later.

2yooffq.jpg
Now open up the game directory and go into the DLC folder. Locate your newly-saved DLC pack and save it in the DLC folder, replacing the old file.

Then just start the game and enjoy your new costumes with no cracks and no custom launchers! :D

Additional notes

- I haven’t tested this method for EVERY DLC pack because, quite frankly, I’m not willing to spend THAT much money. However, I do know that it DOESN’T work with the Tropical Paradise pack (probably because that one contains movies as well as costumes.) Ultimately, I'd recommend using the Pre-purchase reward pack because A. it’s the cheapest available, and B. the method totally works with it. If you do try it out with another pack, let us know of the results.

- If you wish to use the extra hairstyles from the Senran Kagura set, you will need that pack as well.

- Modded costumes can be taken online. What the other player will see will depend on what they have on their own system and what slots you are using for your mods. If you are using a slot that isn’t taken up by another costume, the other player will see the character in their default costume. These mods are local files, so only you will be able to see them. Trying to find people to play with, however... well, good luck with that :P

Thanks for the detailed guide, Ceebee.  

Can you only add your own DLC costumes for characters that are a part of that DLC pack? So if I want to add a nude mesh/costume for Lisa, I couldnt do it with the pre-order DLC pack, because she is not a part of it? 

Disappointed that you cant use the Tropical Paradise pack. Im glad you told me though. That would have been an expensive mistake for me :)

Can you only add your own DLC costumes for characters that are a part of that DLC pack? So if I want to add a nude mesh/costume for Lisa, I couldnt do it with the pre-order DLC pack, because she is not a part of it? 

Disappointed that you cant use the Tropical Paradise pack. Im glad you told me though. That would have been an expensive mistake for me :)

I'm pretty sure he means you can't add costumes to that pack. The pack itself is still perfectly usable.

You can add costumes for any character, regardless of whether or not they had a costume in that pack to begin with. Just add them on the DLC tool, add the raw files and assign a slot. Sorted! :)

Ceebee explains in the op that mods are client side, so safe online. Read the last paragraph in the first post for more detail, there's no point in me writing it out again. Long story short? Yeah it should be fine online.

It's a good thing they don't check for file size on the DLC file. My "352150" file is over 400 meg now, when the original clocks in at about 50. :D

(And that's WITHOUT keeping any of the original costumes in there, btw.)

Thanks for this guide dude!. To be honest, i don't like pirated games and those who pirate it. I looked for a method to do this without a cracked ini / exe, so thanks again.

Well I paid my money for this game in Steam, so I had no qualms with getting a pirated version to use for mods. But I'm using my Steam version now to consolidate all my mods into one monster DLC file.

Well I paid my money for this game in Steam, so I had no qualms with getting a pirated version to use for mods. But I'm using my Steam version now to consolidate all my mods into one monster DLC file.

You don't need to download the pirated version if you bought it already you have to copy/paste just crack and ini file. I did this too.

You don't need to download the pirated version if you bought it already you have to copy/paste just crack and ini file. I did this too.

Yeah I know that now, but I also didn't want to "tarnish" my "legit" version of the game. Because I also didn't know you could do what was taught in this topic either until I read it.

So, the weirdest thing happened the other day - I managed to get a few games online. So I took advantage of the situation and recorded a few games.

Here's Kasumi's nude mod in action.

Unlisted video, so no sharing please. Also, view in HD for best result. ^_^

Thanks for the guide.

I don't mind people using visual mods online but I hope that people can't use something like this to cheat online in some manner. Though I guess it's pretty inevitable given how "incompetent" KT is with online apparently and how little they seem to care.

• 2 months later...

Following today's update, I decided to purchase the Hot Summer pack, and while I CAN put my own costumes in and they'll run just fine, extracting the costumes already in the pack and putting them back in results in a crash. So I guess you can say this one partially works - only if you want to add your own costumes and not bother with the ones already in there, which is what I think I shall use it for.

And hey, that one is now the cheapest pack available, so that's something :D

Archived