Well I don't know what's causing the FPS drop, but i'm not gonna bother with it anymore, if the game becomes unplayable because of it I'll just switch to a load order that works. Thanks for trying to help me fix it guys & gals, I'm going to mark this as *Please Delete* and just deal with the game.

Before you do that what settings do you have in skyrim.ini? since the only time i've heard of extreme drops like that are when people have settings like 800 ms for the papyrus fUpdateBudgetMS which prevents the render operating at a speed it needs to for good FPS i.e for 60 FPS in can only take like 16 MS per frame so if you then give 800 ms to papyrus it can't be achieved

Good call and a good thing I forgot to change the name, I deleted my .Ini's which were used from the visual part of the guide, however they haven't made a difference.

no one mentioned this part. but you use hdt right ?? did you check your hdt log ?? if you use custome xml file that has settings for butt, belly , breast etc.. and one of your companions is using a mesh with no belly node or breast and butt node then hdt will keep spamming error and will slow your game down. So it does not even have to mean texture mod to slow game down.

this seems like it could be the Issue, but the logs aren't showing up in MO, perhaps they're not being created anymore?

Maybe it's in the Skyrim folder? Data/SKSE ?

Whoops! Didn't realize I was in derp mode, after looking through MO's actual Data structure (Skyrim's data has nothing modded in it) I found the HDT Logs, and they told me nothing about errors, only jiggly tits and dicks.

Archived