transferring custom enchantments

I am working on a mod for myself, and in it I am created a custom ID for the Sinblood boots...which come with a high heels enchantment.  Despite keeping the files for the high heels up and running in my oblivion game, I cannot seem to make the enchantment work on my custom version of the boots.

How would I go about this?

Thanks,

Eric

Via CS/E is how I did it. Assuming you are using VipCxj_HighHeels.esp, you can navigate to the appropriate HighHeels enchanment and add it to your boots, shoes, etc directly. At least that's the way I did it for the modified Zodiac companions I did a while back. This assumes you are using VipCxj_HighHeels and not some other High Heels MOD.

post-18672-0-51871800-1433694279_thumb.jpg

This works for those NIFs where the shoe or boot is actually below the ground plane. You may need to play around with which one actually works best for that specific NIF in-game; H, HH, HHH, etc.

post-18672-0-40650500-1433694753_thumb.jpg

I assigned the script - but it doesn't work in game.  When I open up my mod in CS it says it cannot find the script.  The error does not occur for the original pair of boots when opened in CS despite having the same script and making sure I also open VipCxj_HighHeels.esp

Edit:

The only thing I can see that is different, is when you open the mods and are in the pop up where you select which mod is the active mod, etc, the original mod with the shoe in question has VipCxj_HighHeels.esp listed as a parent master and mine does not.  Could this be it?

Eric

you can load in cs/e your mod as active and check the vipcxj  on    you will make your mod dependent on vipcxj  (a master )  than you can assign the script.

(without vipcxj  your boot will not work)

or you just copy the script   and follow variables   open cse  make a new script past over what just copied   change or assign new variables  save and assign the new script to your boots.  ( you might need to copy a bunch of script )

you can load in cs/e your mod as active and check the vipcxj  on    you will make your mod dependent on vipcxj  (a master )  than you can assign the script.

(without vipcxj  your boot will not work)

or you just copy the script   and follow variables   open cse  make a new script past over what just copied   change or assign new variables  save and assign the new script to your boots.  ( you might need to copy a bunch of script )

I did your first suggestion - made my mod the active mod, and also checked vipcxj when I opened it.  I then assigned one of the vipcxi scripts to my shoes and saved.  If I open my mod again (with vipcxj checked) it says it cannot find the script on my shoes :(

Your 2nd paragraph - I am not that knowledgeable yet.

Eric

when you open your mod in cs/e does it also check vipcxj          if not it did not registered it as master

open your mod in tes4edit  and assign to it a master    (in the Heather  you can add manually a master or more )   do not touch oblivion.exe master  or your mod will not be recognised.

Here are some images to make it clear what I am doing.

To start...I have the detail windows for the original Sinblood boots and the new object ID I have made for them side by side.  Everything is identical.

post-240-0-56079000-1433714030_thumb.jpg

But when I open my mod, I get this error...

post-240-0-66773400-1433714061_thumb.jpg

The only thing I see different, is when loading the files, the vipcxj file is a parent master to the original sinblood file.  Could this be the source of my problem?

post-240-0-49333500-1433714150_thumb.jpg

Eric

you do not need tes4 edit

you need to create a duplicate in cs/e of your script

go to scripts open the script in question go to the end of it  and click ' enter'  you will add an empty line  ( a change )  and save and save your mod.

normaly this will do the job

Here are some images to make it clear what I am doing.

The only thing I see different, is when loading the files, the vipcxj file is a parent master to the original sinblood file.  Could this be the source of my problem?

Eric

No, I don't think that is the issue as that is what I did for Zodiac Companions; made VipCxj_HighHeels.esp a master for Zodiac Companions.esp.

post-18672-0-94657600-1433719926_thumb.jpg

What that does is make everything in VipCxj_HighHeels.esp available to Zodiac Companions.esp, since it will load when you open Zodiac Companions.esp in CS/E. (And yes, you can copy scripts from one ESP to another ESP like kingkong says, but it is more work, imo.)

What is different is you are assigning both the Enchantment AND the script. I'm only using the script assignment for Zodiac Companions.

Worse case scenario, you can PM your ESP and I can try it, then report back if I get it to work.

varenne

did you change anything in the script     any ref or id  that is normally assigned to objects  in the script   ( this might be the probleme  why it is not working )

No. No changes or alterations of any kind.

Just a note. Copying and duplicating scripts from one ESM or ESP to another IMO could potentially create additional unnecessary game load, so I personally don't consider that a best practice.

If a script is available in one MOD and I wanted to use it or make it available in another, I've always made that script source MOD a dependency or master to the other MOD needing to use it.

Archived