Multipe enchantement effect on apparel

Unskilled

Multi enchant mod

Hi, this mod is really cool, and easy to use.

But i need somes help for changes somes things..

For enchant, you just need gems stones.

More big they are, more you can enchant..

But..

The autor change the cost of the enchantement.

the more you increase the enchantment, less it will cost!

It's horrible with a common soul gemme you can have +100 resist magic -.-

Or you can choose +30/40 all stats...

That's not fun to play as a god..

so, i hope someone can found in this mod what change the cost of the enchantement and remove the change, let them to normal.

I'm french so that not easy to explain myself but, if you enchant 10 shield in gloove, you need to "pay" 200 points with your gems.

If you enchant to 30 shield in the gloove, you dont need to pay 600 points but something like 300 points...

And if you want 100 shield you'll pay 400 points...? Like if it was free..

I regret that because the mod is really easy to use, you choose all you want, +5 intel, +3 will power, +12% shield, in the same item.

That's fine if it's possible with a really big and rare gems stones.

But with commonwith common soul.... .... That's not fun.

so anyone can help, please?

This is not the mod I'm using. My very first OBSE mod, in fact my reason to install OBSE in the first place is this similarly-named system:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9423

Enhanced by this mod here: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=36031

Even more enhanced by this (the 'unbalanced' version): http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1954

The only downsides to it are a fixed location for enchanting items at a specialized 'Forge of the Master Smith' in Blackwood and the capping of six enchantments per item. Choosing a particular set of enchantments might grant you powerful gear, but creating 'god items' is up to you.

An example: Exceeding 100% 'reflect damage' makes you invulnerable to all the hazards of combat, rendering you literally invincible.

This is fun for some minutes at best. The console command 'TGM' serves a similar purpose and makes the game as 'challenging' and fun to play (not at all, that is). Putting on such unfair enchantments is solely your choice, so I rather recommend ones that really enhance the class-specific attributes/skills of your characters. My main character is mainly an archer, so her gear has lots of marksman- and agility-enhancements on every piece of equipment. A fighter would profit more from strength power-ups, magicians can better use spell absorption and Magicka-restoration. The shield effect is helpful to convert a mage character's clothes to 'armor', preferably elemental shields which grant resistance to one of the three elements while increasing the armor rating at the same time (and yet not interfering with a wizard's magic effectivity).

Or just choose effects to counter your character's natural weaknesses. Conscious decisions and careful selection of balanced enchantments prevent creation of 'god items' despite the 'cheating' nature of items simultaneously having more and better effects than vanilla equipment.

Another slight disadvantage of this mod is the constant warring of undead creatures in that forge. Literal hordes of liches, skeletons and ghosts are violently duking it out in there, sometimes a real framerate-killer (especially if you use a mod to graphically beautify magic effects).

The mod has also some nifty though overpowered additional features like self-recharging of enchanted weapons.

i had to make a 100% resist fire for playing as mithza :P, some or all magic enemies became overpowered after OOO and they all have fire spells... i kinda don't wanna get slaughtered easily, the best i can do is tricking oblivion gates to make 85 def armor and feather jewelry

A perfect example for an enchantment countering a character's/race's inherent weakness! Too bad Mitzhas' other weakness is being butt-ugly:

buttuglymitzhas.jpg

Characters from a certain NPC mod. Hair clipping, blotched skin, googly vacant stare... Gotta luv 'em! Or exchange them with Lop-Ear Elf mini.

you can always change the path of their skin to make them prettier, no need to go to loop-ears everytime, the vast majority of them are kinda based of the boys & girls in fallout3, don't tell me you don't recognize some little lamplighters on your pics, specially bumble & zippy, and about the hair clipping, well, it happens even if you try to use the hairs on the vanilla sized races... specially with ren hair, that one was designed for even smaller heads...i in fact made my own x117 races, gotta love the neo mithzas with ren/moonshadow head meshes >:3

and thanks for the links, i tough my garbs were not godly enough, i still had to deal with the little fact of being dead sometimes o.<

Well, I never played any Fallout game, so recognizing these characters is a bit difficult without actually knowing them...

Your custom Mitzha race sounds very interesting, Iris. Very good idea to replace the race's ugly elements with better parts from other races.

Why didn't you just get rid of the Mitzha weakness to fire racial ability in the process?

My previous custom member title before my 'sleaze' catchphrase was 'lop-ear fetishist', go figure why:

supakuteloppies.jpg

Though I have to admit the bottom row's middle girl also features a slightly vacant stare. I tweaked her eyes some more a short while later.

Switching my first player character, a Breton, to a Loppy was an important step in becoming hopelessly addicted to this race.

It was exciting and inspiring, a turning point from simply playing the game to constantly tuning and tweaking it - and creating new characters.

Many MBP hairstyles are problematic in that regard. 'Saram', 'Corean', the 'Page Boy' hairs, they all tend to suffer from nasty clipping with my favourite facegen slider settings. That's why I prefer 'SKS' and 'Coolhair' styles for most of my characters, especially the newer ones.

I'm still trying to use some of the nicer original MBP hairs from time to time though, editing the hair meshes in NifSkope to better fit the heads.

Sorry for my extreme off-topicness, Unskilled. Don't want to turn your thread into my personal 'mediocre Mitzha Vs. luvly Loppies' rant...

So, i have tried your mods.

I need to do a quest for enchant, bad.

And, i have to go to a special place for enchant, bad.

And the most important:

1 gem, 1 enchant, and the gems power give the enchant power. Very bad. The power of the enchant depend on the gemm, and not your choice. You cant choose +5 shield if you have a big gem, it will be +12, or somthink like that.

The only think fun is, you can enchant 6 times the same objet.

My mod, it's different.

It's easy: just found an enchant altar.

Put a special item in it.. And choose what you want enchant.

Number of stat, power, range, ect.. You choose all. And more you gemms have power, more you can continue.

And you can enchant 6 times too. Maybe more, i never tried.

But, like i said at my first message, the autor make lesser cost for enchant, and this is really bad.

His mod is really the best (try it, please, you'll see yourself..).

But it's really stupid the lesser cost for energy with gemstone!

A pity the 'Multiple Enchantments' mod is not to your liking. Though I don't understand most of your gripes with it. The 'quest' involved is just reaching an altar in a dungeon and defeating a skeleton (which admittedly has a lot of 'health', a good combat training dummy).

In the beginning when I was using the forge very often, I had a 'Midas Magic' astral portal immediately warping me in front of the forge's enchantment altar, so I could travel there within seconds. You don't have to defeat any other enemy in the forge to use it besides that strong skeleton, the 'Master Smith' himself, run past the hordes of the undead and let them destroy each other. What's so bad about quests anyway?

So large soul gems result in strong enchantments? Then simply use a smaller one instead... Enchantments certainly have all the options to select type, range, power and number of uses, in this regard the forge's altar works like any other vanilla Oblivion altar of enchantment.

The six enchantments limit is probably hard-coded into Oblivion's mechanics, if the mod's author managed to implement six enchantments per item, I suppose he easily would have put more in if it was possible. Your mod curiously having the same number as its limit kinda proves the theory of six simultaneous effects being the game's maximum. I have no clue about such technical stuff, it's just my theory.

Nowadays I'm not creating new enchanted items anymore, so there's no real need for this mod anyway in my game. I guess I just keep it for sentimental value or something. It's working perfectly as intended, so why fix something not broken in the first place? And the 'war of the undead' in the forge is a nice background for screenshots, hard to find such clusters of enemies anywhere else in a normal Oblivion installation. Sure, one can always spawn enemies with console commands, but they aren't dramatically locked in mortal combat.

I certainly don't want to put down the mod you're using, I'm just so used to the one I recommended and all its additional benefits.

Well, i have tried, i dont want to do the quest, so i try with "test".

It teleport me to the altar.

Ok fine.

But it's the way to enchant is not good.

I cant choose my range, power, from the enchant.

I'll send you screen you 'll understand what i try to say, with the enchant mod i have.

It's just with a gemstone, depend on her "power" i can make differents enchant.

first, i go to an altar.

mini_120321033008574538.jpg

Second, i use the altar... (oh..) I choose the "token" for enchant (later, all enchant on the "token" will be transfert to the weapon, armor, or other.) and the gemstone.

Here, like you can see, my gemstone power is 2800. a grand soul gem.

And i choose "fortify attribute" and you'll see, it's different, i choose how many i'll fortify.

Look.

mini_120321033320706015.jpg

Ok, now, i want more than 3, because i have 2800 power to use..So..

I choose 16! It's a lot. But expensive. (normal.)It cost 1400 power..

For +16.

mini_120321033622216130.jpg

Ok, and now, i continue with a usefull resist magic.

mini_120321033910897183.jpg

mini_120321033928155783.jpg

Like you see, just for +3, my 1400 energy stone are gone, i have only 933... But i want more than +3 so i upgrade that to 12, and i have 466 energy.

mini_120321034159772633.jpg

So... with 466, it's not a lot, what can i do? hm.

Look how it become really stupid "less cost":

I choose shield. Like you see, it cost 66 energy stone for +3.

mini_120321034313378105.jpg

And..now.. the begin of the nonsense:

mini_120321034426212819.jpg

yes..for +17..i pay only "50 energy". wtf?

So can i upgrad to 100 ? Yes...

mini_120321034622369602.jpg

And i have 127 energy!

For shield +100!

And i have make other enchant. Really powerfull.

so look now with..13energy stone... how many point can i add to the ability "agility" (remember +16 intel= 1400 energy)

mini_120321034836169347.jpg

Ok look...

mini_120321034919382232.jpg

....1 energy..for +100 agi...

Look at, the final stuff:

mini_120321035033336512.jpg

So, more you enchant, more it "free" cost, and this is bad..

I want to check, hunt nice and big gems, but for wath if you can enchant so easly with little gem...

The gem used was a 2800, it's a grandgem, but, with a tiny you can have +100, it's bad..

your mod make me tp to the forge altar and can tp to town, or other way(probably bug), but the most important think for me is to choose the power for your enchant.

If your gem is too small, use 2 gems, or more, on the same item but..

In your mod, i did'not found how choose range, power, magnitude of the enchantement.

that's why i prefer mine, but your is good. I dont know really whitch use.. If the mine should be fix, sure, it will be good.

but i dont want play as a god -.-

Edit: a little thing: on the screen if you understand french, for the attribute, you can read "boost ability +X for 1 second on hit".

when i finish the enchant, the item "apparel" is ready to transfert the enchant on weapon or armor.

If i choose armore, the "one second on hit" dissipear and i'll have +X ability and permanently.

Sorry I forgot about some minor details regarding the quest to enter the forge. Selecting 'standard quest start' immediately sends the Argonian with the hammer to your location. After that, it's just some fast traveling between Bruma and Leyawiin and back until you can get started.

Thanks to your pictures I finally get what you mean. The mod I recommended doesn't feature the possibility to select the power, range and duration for effects on apparel. Quite logical. In fact, it's the same enchanting technique as in the vanilla game, no changes to the interface.

With your mod's technique using this 'token', I wonder how such parameters affect the item you create. Range settings for example - what happens to them when you transfer your enchantments to apparel instead of a weapon? My guess is this setting simply disappears, just like duration is changed from 'x sec.' to 'constant effect'. Or can you really create a ring with 'restore health 25 points in 12 feet'? A 'healing field'?

I can see, besides the problem with the completely unbalanced, too powerful parameters, how the mod makes it easy to create 'god items'. You probably need someone to edit this mod's scripts, 'nerfing' its über-powerful possibilities.

It seems you have chosen seven enchantments at once! There goes my theory of 'six is max'... :s

Sorry I forgot about some minor details regarding the quest to enter the forge. Selecting 'standard quest start' immediately sends the Argonian with the hammer to your location. After that' date=' it's just some fast traveling between Bruma and Leyawiin and back until you can get started.

Thanks to your pictures I finally get what you mean. The mod I recommended doesn't feature the possibility to select the power, range and duration for effects on [i']apparel[/i]. Quite logical. In fact, it's the same enchanting technique as in the vanilla game, no changes to the interface.

With your mod's technique using this 'token', I wonder how such parameters affect the item you create. Range settings for example - what happens to them when you transfer your enchantments to apparel instead of a weapon? My guess is this setting simply disappears, just like duration is changed from 'x sec.' to 'constant effect'. Or can you really create a ring with 'restore health 25 points in 12 feet'? A 'healing field'?

I can see, besides the problem with the completely unbalanced, too powerful parameters, how the mod makes it easy to create 'god items'. You probably need someone to edit this mod's scripts, 'nerfing' its über-powerful possibilities.

It seems you have chosen seven enchantments at once! There goes my theory of 'six is max'... :s

Yes that's why i ask here, if somebody know how modify the mod.

And if you have a ring with restore heal with "12 feet" you ll not have the "AOE" just the restore heal for yoursel.

The enchantment are traduct and translate in logic stat if you use your token on an armor, or weapon.

And, yes you can have "infinite" enchant (but i think that'll make bug.. anyway i dont want that) with "enchant mastery" if you edit the ".ini" folder.

I'm using enchant mastery, finally, the forge mod have a strange bug in quest (if i use a fast travel, i'm alway tp to the forge, whit "on" or "off" test setting, and the "adventurer" alway pop on me, so i have alway one hammer (i walk with 4/5 hammers).

Bug on bug :s ).

Enchant mastery is like forge mod, you cant choose stat, but, i 'll do with that.

But, if someone want to modify the first mod and remove the "lesser cost" on enchant, it will be great :)

Thank you!

The glitch with the multiple hammers and Argonian adventurers sounds like a serious conflict with some other mod(s), I can assure you it never happened in my game. Never tried the 'test' setting though. The mod interfering with fast travel is also a hint something's not right, I can fast travel as well as astral travel anywhere without problems. In fact, I never even knew you could teleport to the forge without 'Midas Magic'.

Really hope someone script-savvy can look at your mod and iron out the imbalances, unfortunately my abilities are limited to retextures and rather crude NifSkope work. A short while ago I did my very first edit of a simple script in the CS. Difficult if you don't know what you're doing...

Archived