Animated Prostitution anim glitch

vpig

Having a problem with an idle animation conflict that is driving me nuts. As part of the FO3-Sexout port I've been working on, I converted Animated Prostitution into a Sexout plugin. It's working properly, with one exception.

The "bedsex" animation doesn't want to run. When I have an NPC follow me home, then tell them to get into bed, they end up just standing in the bed or sometimes play a standard sleep animation. I can initiate the "sex" function, my character plays the animation, but the NPC just stands or lies there. When it's over, they revert to the sleep position for a fraction of a second, then get out of bed normally.

I've also experienced glitches where the NPC will adopt the IdleAnim it was using when I "recruited" them. So the NPC will sometimes "sit" in the bed, if they were, say, sitting at the outdoor bar in Megaton when I recruited them.

I don't have Groovetron or Umpa animations installed, no pose mods. I do have the BnB animations installed.

The reason I'm trying this is because there is a clear conflict between AP and the BnB animations (at least in FO3). I don't know if Sexout has any conflicts with AP- FO3Edit does not indicate any. But the BnB anims stop the NPC's (whores) from initiating sex- at least that's been my expereince.

Making AP a Sexout plugin has eliminated the problems I've had previously with BnB and AP. This is just for my own use, at this time. Just wanted to see if it could work.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks much.

Well, I unloaded all of the Sexout plugins, reloaded AP and found out I was wrong about a couple of things. With regular AP running, the BnB animations worked fine, and after I hired Nova, she worked Moriarty's thoroughly. So both of those issues were not really issues afterall.:rolleyes:

It's boiled down to a conflict within the custom plugin. How to go about troubleshooting this problem?

There is a little animation glitch in Sexout, with some of the solo animations. If the PC is squatting or kneeling, they alternate standing up and going back to the anim position. What causes these "breaks"? Is it some "polling" or scanning function?

This bedsex anim is also a solo animation. Maybe the same kind of thing. Thanks for any ideas.

Fixed it! :D:D I copied the original AP "Lay On Bed" animations into the "Sex Amims" folder and it works now. I assumed that the "Sex Amims" folder from Sexout was the same as the original from AP. Not so apparently, at least not for these two animations.

Sorry to have cluttered up the boards.

Glad to see you've got that converted vpig' date=' keep up the good work. I might try my hand at converting Katie the Little Whore mod for SI to Sexout and see how it goes, I love that damn mod.

[/quote']

Study up on Sexout callbacks and make sure you understand them. Katie mod uses a lot of callback functionality to achieve the stringing together of SI animations.

Glad to see you've got that converted vpig' date=' keep up the good work. I might try my hand at converting Katie the Little Whore mod for SI to Sexout and see how it goes, I love that damn mod.

[/quote']

Thanks, Slammer. I appreciate the encouragement.:)

Just having some fun bashing mods and learning the hard way.:rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

Fixed it! :D:D I copied the original AP "Lay On Bed" animations into the "Sex Amims" folder and it works now. I assumed that the "Sex Amims" folder from Sexout was the same as the original from AP. Not so apparently' date=' at least not for these two animations.

Sorry to have cluttered up the boards.

[/quote']

Could you please explain how exactly you fixed the "Bed Issue"?

I mean copying data to another folder, im curious if it will help me out aswell, but i dont exactly understand what you mean..

Archived