Soo home mods. What should i add.

I always like user input on these kind of things, and since i will be making them for this site now, i figured id ask to see what everyone would want.

Normally for a house mod, i usually have a box for each pistol,shotgun,rifle,Explosives and energy ammo.

then each armor type going from light, medium, to heavy.

then Boxes for each gun type. Some times i add extra boxes for casual stuff, hats, clothing that's not armor. 

Depending on the type of home it is, i may add some loot spots left behind by others.

I usually add one bedroom, work benches, reload benchs, kitchen supplys.

i play on hardcore and i need these things to survive in FNV. XD some people say its a waste of space. But eh :P

XP

(also wasnt sure if i should have this in non adult section or general discussion sorry if its wrong!)

I was recently using the Mobile Truck Base as a home and it comes with the Sortomatic system, which is also a community resource. It's the best sorting system I've seen, and worth a look if you haven't seen it yet.

For a great example of how to use it, check out the Mobile Truck Base, it's a great player home.

Hopefully this helps.

Mobile Truck Base

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50978/?

Sortomatic - Modders Resource

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41142/?/

Thanks for that! I will certainly give it a try. I always used this home for NV http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41822/?Its not very realistic. Some things are out of place, but I really, really like the little details and how the creator thought about everything. I wish it was somewhere in the open though, so I can snipe raiders or mutants from the roof xD

For New Vegas I always used the Lucky 38 suite but after a while I gained a respect for the Novac apartment and the mods that improve it. Hands-down the best one is the NV Novac Apartment by VIPerMX. I never really cared for powerful sorting machines (though I respect the work it takes) or grand majestic yet empty buildings that are called homes. For me (and I can only speak for myself) a player home should be just that - a home. I love places that already have that lived in feel or some semblance of personality and humanity. Even if there's a place that isn't as personality fueled as the mod I linked, I do my own thing using mods like Feng Shui to add my own personal flare to it. If I can be immersed in the fact that where my character goes at the end of an adventure is where he calls home, then I believe that the mod has done it's job. Of course, this is all my rambling and my beliefs, but I like to believe I'm not alone.

Archived