i wonder...is there any MOD like ...

santaskenma

i wonder if there are those mods:

is there any mod(or any way) can make player's character "essential"??

i mean,not TGM,but like essential NPC,

my character will faint or pass out,but not die.

is there any mod can force pregnant character unable to change clothe?

(loversborn or tamagoclub)

3.Can LoversHiyokoShooter.esp be a function for loversborn.esp ?

well,i hope you could understand my english

THX anyway!!

I've never used tomagoclub or born so I don't know anything about them. But for number 1' date=' a good 30 second search on nexus turned up this: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=19998

Hopefully this helps...

[/quote']

One of the mod comments says:

Alternatively, if you have OBSE installed, you can just open the console and type in:

Player.SetRefEssential 1

No need to install a mod or to start a new game.

I have to try

Try using my friend's mod' date=' Death Denied:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41758

A few second's edit could tweak it to make you essential, rather than whisking you away (just remove the moveto line, and maybe add a line to paralyze the player for a few seconds).

[/quote']

well,i'll try!THX!

OMG I FEEL ALIENATED!

Sorry' date=' I've never tried those mods/console commands, forgive my ignorance people!

[/quote']

nope to say that,

i can't express exactly what i think & mean

but thanks a lot!

Guest ThatOne

Try using my friend's mod' date=' Death Denied:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41758

A few second's edit could tweak it to make you essential, rather than whisking you away (just remove the moveto line, and maybe add a line to paralyze the player for a few seconds).

[/quote']

...would you please help me to edit ?

i am not good at script

I would but, unfortunately, I have no idea how to script. :(

Setting the player essential or reviving makes the camera screw up really badly when they get back up.

That is true, which is why my friend didn't set the player essential.

if you get the Death Denied ( http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=41758 ) mod, the script you want to edit is AbsDmg.

i've had good results with this:

begin function {damage npc}

set npc2 to getself
set val to 0.15 * npc2.getbaseAV health

if (val > npc2.getav health)

npc2.ForceActorValue health val

endif
end

this basically locks you at 15% health and you never die.

the problem is getting the player to be knocked out.

from what i understand, the way to knock a player out is to just make their fatigue negative. they will stay down until their fatigue regenerates back to positive. i tried two different ways:

set val to npc2.getav fatigue
set val to val * -1
set val to val - 1
npc2.ModActorValue fatigue val

and

npc2.ForceActorValue fatigue -1

but both those methods, while they do make the player fall down, for some reason i don't understand, stop fatigue regeneration entirely.

note: the player is NOT being hit constantly. they are hit a single time which makes them fall down and then they stay down forever.

if anyone could point out what is wrong then you can basically get the knockdown effect. :)

The problem with the script from Death Denied is that, like most death interception scripts, it relies on an arbitrarily high threshold to detect death, rendering 10%+ of your health pool effectively useless.

My tinkering with it found that even though the OnHealthDamage handler fires just before damage is taken, script lines after the first tend to only execute after the death has already been registered by the game... to make it work you'd need to offset all damage immediately like uglycat is trying to do, which could have nasty effects if you fall in lava or the like.

I hear that COBL offers functional death interception, by making the player essential and just overriding the camera.

uglydog: The problem is that you're using ForceActorValue, which you should not, ever. It changes the base value of an attribute, that is, when you try to set health to 15% you're setting your max health to 15%, and when you set fatigue to -1 you're setting your max fatigue to -1. Which is why you never get up. Death Denied only uses it because Death Denied, by design, is supposed to take away 25% of your max health every time you "die."

You want to use ModActorValue (which changes the active value but does not recover) and ModActorValue2 (which changes the active value and does) instead:

begin function {damage npc}

ref npc
   ref npc2
   float damage
   float val
   float val2
   short fat

set npc2 to getself

if (val > npc2.getav health)
       set val2 to val - npc2.getav health
       npc2.modav2 health val2
       set fat to npc2.getbaseav fatigue
       set fat to fat * -1
       npc2.modav fatigue fat
       ;whatever timing sort of stuff
       set fat to fat * -1
       npc2.modav fatigue fat
       set fat to -1 * fat - 1
       npc2.modav2 fatigue fat
   endif
end

Note that you'll also have to script for enemies to stop attacking the player using this method--there's an OBSE function for it but I forget what it's called.

(Disclaimer: I have not tested that script so it might not even compile but the pseudocode should be right.)

Archived