Question and Idea

I don't think that's possible, at least I don't remember any command that allows it. That spear mod just changes the weapon type of the equipped weapon to staff. Of course you can replace your staff with the spear animation and use the switcher mod for this effect. That would make all staves use the spear animation as well, though.

Guest ThatOne

Yes, it is possible. You'll need to place the animation in specialanims folder, if I'm not mistaken, and you might also need OBSE.

The script will look something like this (not tested, can't open the CS where I'm at):

scn spearanimscript

ref cont

Begin OnEquip

set cont to GetContainer

cont.ToggleSpecialAnim "YourAnimFile.kf" 1

end

Begin On OnUnequip

set cont to GetContainer

cont.ToggleSpecialAnim "YourAnimFile.kf" 0

end

Of course, you'll have to toggle all of the spear animations. I'm not sure if it works on weapons, but I can't see why not (it works on walk\run\idle etc).

Guest ThatOne

It shouldn't be too difficult, even for someone with a limited knowledge of scripting like me...

I might take a shot at it later.

The only question is, if the animations work as specialanims.

-Edit-

I got some of the animations to work properly. I may be using the wrong approach, but I'm making a misc item that lets you change the animations from whatever you have installed as the default to the ones in the page you provided when you click it.

If anyone knows a more effective way, please let me know.

To make companions use the animations you'll need to do a few very simple things, which I'll detail in case this actually works out in the end.

T.B.C.

-Edit #2-

This won't work, apparently. The game engine will allow me to change any idle animations with the simple scripts I've been using, but the attack animations remain the same.

Archived