Getting HDT to work on an armor piece

Selimortsi

So I downloaded Shredded Triss Armor yesterday because I liked the modular approach more than the all-in-one I'd been using previously. I got it running and really enjoy it, however I noticed that even though I downloaded the included optional CBBE+BBP conversion there's no physics on the butt (works with just about everything else though, was one of my favorite things about the original Triss armor). Everywhere else seems to be fine so I figure it's a problem with the shorts mesh. I ran it through Outfit Studio and BodySlide (everything looked good to me, but I'm pretty new to using them. EDIT: just for clarity I used the optional bodyslide files on the mod page) but all that accomplished was the shorts became far too large and took on a strange texture, however they did get HDT physics (Pic for reference, I *think* it's the normal map showing for whatever reason, maybe just because they became too big.) post-355725-0-11255100-1428283284_thumb.jpg

What I want to know is, how can I get the HDT to apply properly to the shorts without messing everything up? I did what I thought was correct and it only half-worked. If someone could point me in the right direction for this, or better yet if you're experienced with OS/BS/HDT and can run through the shorts really quick to properly fix them and send me the file, I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks :)

I'm not wholly sure I know what I'm talking about, but if you're using bodyslide, you need to make sure the bones influenced by hdt are present on the clothing nif. If they are not there, i.e L Butt, R Butt etc, you need to add them by using the add bone option (the program pulls  bones from the female skeleton nif) and use the program to paint weight on them on the respective parts of the clothing nif. Export the nif and pack it into the proper file structure/names and load via MO, or NMM in my case. If you are unable to load the proper bones in bodyslide, make sure the female skeleton XPMS nif has been overridden by the latest XPMS nif. You can do this by copying, replacing, and respectively naming the most up-to-date female skeleton inside the "res" folder. This is assuming you are using Caliente's bodyslide with outfit studio.  I have had great success with Caliente's bodyslide. Have made SOS meshes have their own versions of BBBP, bouncing pecks and butts.

You can easily add any bone in bodyslide as long as they exist  on the skeleton_female_xpms located in the "res" folder. When a bone is added this way-via outfit sudio--it translates to the same position on the body nif as it exists on the skeleton nif after you "export" the nif. Don't save the "outfit," "export" the nif. Works every time, but you need to make sure the clothing nif, or any nif you export has the proper NiStringExtraData node properly pathed to the HDT xml. You can have the HDT xml path pathed to any form of HDT you want. I have dozens of HDT xml files made as tests, and I can have any one of them effect a specific nif as long as it is pathed right.

Hope it helps.

Archived