Camera/Player view help

Idocrase

Hi there!

This is a sorta request for help with a vore related mod. So, some people might want to check out now :P

First a short bit of background info -

I've recently been given caretakership of the Devourment mod for Skyrim by it's creator while he deals with some life issues. It's not known at this stage if he will ever even return to 'complete' his mod, but out of all the freaks clamouring for a copy of his source code, I was the one he seemed to feel was trustworthy enough to respect his wishes for the direction of the mod.

It's hosted on Eka's Portal here:

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=36587<- Main mod thread

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38324<- My supporting thread

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=39228<- Users suggestions thread

There is also an API resource that was under development when vegan left, and people have been making add-ons using it, although since it's incomplete and not well documented, their efforts have not amounted to much, which is a shame because people seem to REALLY want to make things to add to this mod!

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=40728<- API thread

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=41140<- an extensive mod being worked on that adds an arena style environment, and a lot of extra vorish dialogue.

I do _not_ want to get into the moral question of whether it's sexist or not that only females have access to the abilities added by this mod. I might be an asshole, but I'm not a total dick. The creator of the mod is happy to have some new features added (such as the feature I'm asking for help with!) but has made his feelings on male predators VERY clear. (If, of course, he gives me an all-clear and gives me full permission to do ANYthing I want, then sure, I'll add male predators, but until then?)

So to that end, I've been picking it up when I've had time, and trying to understand what papyrus actually does. And failed miserably. I've modded a fair bit, but this stuff was written partly by the original mod creator, then added to by his cousin, and there may have been some lsd mushrooms involved, then edited some more by the original modder, who then got dragged away from his computer by his Bible-thumping family (because Vore is a SIN!), and I've been handed virtually uncommented scripts that, while I can get them to compile, I don't really understand.

Added to this, the mod has been through several iterations, with new code pasted on top of old, with depreciated functions disabled in the CK but nevertheless still intact in-code (with the attendent issues caused by scripts running cheerfully in the background but not actually performing any real function other than chew up ram). This, is not a problem for me. I am slowly picking through everything and stripping out the 'dead' stuff, testing ingame to ensure the live stuff still works, then picking out something else. Getting there yannow?

However...

I would also like to start adding some small features to keep things moving along, albeit slowly, and make things available to the community that they've been asking for. Which is where I start having problems, because that's a little more advanced than just modifying an existing function.

So, to my current problem/lack of knowledge.

The first feature I would _really_ like to add for people is an 'internal view' for prey. I've done a fair bit of googling on the subject, and come up with nothing relevant. Or, rather, relevant to my understanding of things at this time.

What the mod has now - When your character is swallowed, currently, the camera goes to 3rd person, controls are disabled, and the camera focuses on the NPC that did the swallowing and follows them until either you die (from digestion obv) or are puked back out. Gurgling noises play, health counts down towards death-by-digestion, and there is now an option to press G to 'talk' with your predator, with a selection of vorish conversation topics.

This is great etc, but not everyone is happy with this, and they would like an internal view, or even a whole dungeon. Dungeons are beyond my scope right now, but I think it might be possible to get an internal view working, only I'm not sure how to go about it.

Currently, there is an Idlemarker named 'HerStomach' and there are references in the scripts and CK that you/NPC's get sent there. It's an interior cell, but is literally just an empty idle marker and two dummy NPC's.

There is also a WHOLE bunch of stuff that tells the camera how to follow the Predator around.

However, when you hit the G button for a conversation, you are placed, invisible, in close proximity to the predator, and a conversation opens. (This is what I meant by new stuff getting added to old! The conversation feature is that last thing that got added before the mod author was forced to abandon things!) And this obviously removed the Prey from wherever they might be (and i really hope they actually are getting sent to the HerStomach cell), and brings them back to the real 'current' cell.

tl:dr bit with the actual question/request:

What I would like to understand, is if there is a way to perhaps lock the camera inside a false stomach object on the map (or inside the belly, which is an armor piece and therefore hollow and could easily contain a stomach mesh with textures purely for the camera to nestle within), while leaving the OTHER functions untouched? I don't want to break the conversation function (because it works both ways and you can taunt your prey and I'm quite into that), although it would be great if I could stop the prey spawning all invisible on top of the predator, because Skyrim's idea of invisible more resembles something from the predator MOVIE.

I have a laundry list of stuff I'd love to add too (alternate vore methods etc), and I suspect I will want to make Sexlab a prerequisite at some stage, as part of a bigger expansion to the core devourment mod. (ie: devourment will remain standalone with it's limited functionality, but by adding the devourment_UB mod and Sexlab it will gain Unbirth, or add devourment_AV and sexlab and it will gain Anal Vore, etc)

If anyone is willing to help out, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind spending several hours picking at a minor bug, but when several hours have passed and I've made zero progress it gets frustrating. And I've been picking this up at odd intervals for weeks and just getting irritated with my own lack of progress.

tia guys

- Sideromelane

Archived