BodySlide armour/clothing meshes unaffected by RaceMenu body scales

I'm trying to generate armour and clothing meshes with SKYRIM Enhanced -High polygons- CBBE and bodyslide support by s666, following the HOW TO INSTALL HDT? Step 1: Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial guide on these forums.

I'm able to generate the TBBP meshes, and in-game they're affected by the sliders under "Body Scales" in Racemenu 3. I'm also trying to generate some NOBBP meshes, for certain rigid metal armours, but they're unaffected by RaceMenu's body scales.

I'm using the BodySlide that comes bundled with CBBE v3.3c. Along with SKYRIM Enhanced Bodyslide and High polygons support I have the Bodyslide Update 1.2 optional installed. I'm installing everything through Mod Organizer.

What I've been doing is running BodySlide through Mod Organizer. First I select an Outfit/Body, say "CBBE NeverNude HDT". I then select a Preset, say "CBBE". Then I click Build. I do the same for the "CBBE Feet" Outfit/Body. For the clothes/armours I've been doing a Batch Build. So I type "NOBBP" into the Outfit Filter, click Batch Build, uncheck any bodies, as well as the armours/clothes I don't want to lack BBP, then click Build. I close BodySlide, check that the new armour/clothing meshes are in Mod Organizer's Overwrite, and create a new mod out of Overwrite.

Does an armour mesh have to support TBBP/HDT to be affected by RaceMenu's body scales? Because I've always thought TBBP and HDT only affected animations.

Context: Ultimately I'm looking for Vanilla+DLC clothing and armour replacers that support RaceMenu body scales. HDT support would be nice too. Preferably something non-skimpy since I want minimum impact on the NPCs. Though if the skimpy replacers are my best bet I'd want to use them alongside PCEAr.

Archived