Is there a tutorial for converting Skyrim meshes to FNV?

Guest marieruth

Guest marieruth

I haven't had any luck in my search. I looked through the tutorial section on this site, as well as just googling, but only found tutorials of conversions between Skyrim and Oblivion, but I've never played Oblivion.

There's a weapon mesh in a weapon mod pack for Skyrim that I would like to convert  to FNV for personal use. It's a sword. I have Nifskope open with a machete mesh and another window open with the sword mesh I want to convert.

I see in the block nodes that the Skyrim NIF uses NiTriShapes, and the FNV one uses NiNodes and NiTriStrips. Also, the Skyrim mesh uses it's own block for blood decal, and I'm not sure if those are just Skyrim specific, or not...

I originally attempted to import the mesh into Blender 2.49b, but it failed to import, maybe I selected the wrong things in the import dialogue.

Guest marieruth

you need to follow the first part of the tutorials you have found   to import skyrim staff to blender      OR     simply you export the mesh with nifskope as an file.obj  , than you import it with blender .

Does an .OBJ keep UV map data in it when you export it from Nifskope?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I always forget to go from Triangles to Quads with meshes.

Thank you.

Archived