Starting a new game...looking for a fun and stable set of mods

wr1

Hey all,

Due to some recent technical problems it looks like I might need to start a new modded Skyrim game.  Which is fine, because as a newcomer to mods, I understand them a little better now having played with a few, so I can make a better decision about which mods I will include.

My first question for the community: At this point I have Skyrim and Dawnguard.  Right off the bat, is it going to be problematic if I don't have the other official DLC? Maybe before I get started I should buy the other DLC already, if it makes a difference.  It looks like the biggest source of problems would be the creatures if I have Dawnguard but not the other DLC, but maybe adding the other DLC also complicates adding some mods.  Plus I don't want to throw away money willy nilly if I don't need the other DLC.  (Should have got the value pack in the beginning I guess).

My second question for the community: I'm running Skyrim on a laptop and so have to turn down the settings to Low anyway, so I'm not into graphics, but rather more into things working as smoothly as possible.  Can anyone recommend a body mod that is compatible with Devious Devices, Milk Mod Economy, and Fill Her Up - Cum Inflation?

Here is the list of mods I am thinking of running; does it seem like a stable combination?

-Apropos (the truth is, I think apropos is my favorite mod.  I guess all I really need at the end of the day is a little text.)

-Slave tats, with Apropos textures

-Sexlab Defeat

-Devious Devices Assets

-Devious Devices Integration

-Devious Captures

-Deviously Helpless

-Devious Devices Expansion

-Captured Dreams

-Devious Devices for the Masses II (I understand this increases the chances of spawning keys for BDSM gear, so it is included primarily to keep the game playable with the presence of BDSM gear.  I would be OK with taking it out, if it isn't necessary to keep the game playable.)

-Sanguine's Debauchery+ (Does this cause a lot of instability in the game? I haven't managed to test it out yet.  Also, could Death Alternative: Captured be considered as an alternative to this?)

-Skooma Whore

-Fill Her Up- Cum Inflation

-Prison Overhaul

-Seeing Yellow (lol this one is so simple but just too much silly fun)

-Sex Lab Dangerous Nights (I am wondering if this might interfere with Sanguine's Debauchery+ or Prison Overhaul; if this seems kind of risky I would be OK with tossing it.  I have noticed that sleeping rarely comes up in gameplay, and I am not sure that I want to add more stuff than I have to, like Realistic Needs and Diseases, just to validate this mod, if it entails any substantive risk of instability)

-Milk Mod Economy

I'd be open to changing anything on this list, if any particular mod could be problematic in the long run.  (I haven't played through Skyrim once yet, so I also want to at least play through a significant part of the game; this could be a reason to go a little lighter on the mods.)

I'm kind of on the fence about More Nasty Critters and ancillary files.  If it can be stable, I think it will go with Cum Inflation, and the fantasy monster stuff seems very setting appropriate.  But, I am not sure if it is worth installing unless I get all the DLCs.  I'm open to any thoughts on this.

List of pre-reqs I plan to install:

-FNIS, including creatures and spells

-Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life

-Death Alternative - Captured

-Sky UI

-XP Maximum Skeleton

-Realistic Ragdolls and Force

-No Spinning Death Animation

-Fuz Ro Doh

-Sanguine's Debauchery Cages

-Sexlab (obviously)

-Sexlab Aroused Redux

-SKSE

-RaceMenu

-PapyrusUtil

-Need advice on good body, as stated above

Anyway, I guess a little bit of planning will lead to a better game experience in the long run.  As I said, since I also want to play through at least a lot of Skyrim, I'd appreciate any thoughts about if a particular mod might be especially unstable, or potentially game-breaking.  Thanks all!

-WR

I've run everything in your order at one point or another (and still run most of them). So far looks good. One thing I will say is that I've heard issues running -Defeat- and -Death Alt: Your Money or Your Life (DAYMOYL)- together, but I run them both and I haven't had any issues yet. Just be careful with -Defeat-: If an enemy trying to initiate rape is killed (remaining DoTs or is later finished off by another opponent) you can be stuck in "knock-down" mode (that's regardless of whether DAYMOYL is installed or not).

Edit: As for body: Learn to use Bodyslide 2 by the maker of CBBE. That with Outfit Studio can replicate most bodies out there, add HDT physics, and help you quickly conform outfits to your custom Bodyslide shape.

There is and I've seen it done, but I've never felt the need to do it so I don't know how it is done. I know custom races usually use their own body mesh folder, so if your follower is a custom race you could just past in the .nif files for the body you want them to have and they will use that instead of your main. Other then that, I'm not the one to ask.

Archived