Mod to lock down inventory during combat?

briancs159

I had an idea while I was playing Oblivion with my immersion mods. Is there a mod that disables the inventory during combat or maybe have the combat continue in the background while the inventory is open?

It seems strange to me that in the middle of mortal combat with some enemies that you can go into your inventory and change your weapons and armor whenever you want. It's like asking the ogre that wants you dead for a timeout while you go through your backpack for a better weapon. It's not realistic. In battle you should be forced to rely on your hotkeys as they would better simulate putting your favorite items in easy access pockets/pouches rather than with the rest of your items.

Is this even possible, and if so, is there a mod out there that does this? I found a mod that penalizes your stats if you have the menu open too long during combat but i think it would be better if it was disabled entirely.

yeah actually that's the one I saw. I was just wondering if there was another mod out there that did more. something along the lines of disabling the inventory altogether during combat or allowing combat to continue while the inventory is open.

umm, wouldn't that be kinda troublesome? you know, sometimes hotkeys are not enough and you need extra stuff in the middle of battle like cure poison-disease, like, not everyone has glass-blade,silver-blade,daedric-bow,strong health,strong magic,strong respite, heal legendary wound, fireball hotkeyed.... some like me have

CTA sexy pose, CTA erori, CTA heroic pose, hammer, hk torch, journeyman mortar & pestle, nonowa key, umpa sexy dance.... i kinda open inventory in the middle of battle in case i'm losing to drink my weight in potions, just don't do it in case you wanna roleplay or something :P... i think i embarassed myself enough for one day already

Well it would certainly make the game harder that's for sure. You would have to plan your dungeon diving very carefully and maybe use a hotkey mod or something. You might spend some time running away and hiding depending on how the battle goes.

Imagine how it would go if you have certain Lovers mods active along with the unequip broken armor mod. Your armor breaks mid-battle and suddenly you're exposed and vulnerable with no way to protect yourself unless you get away or kill them quickly.

I personally use the mod "Never Die" so if I fall in battle all my inventory gets placed in a chest where i fell and I either get teleported outside or to an oblivion world with no entrance gate. So making the game harder makes it more interesting for me at least.

Archived