My first (very small) mod!

This is a really simple mod, all it does is add Silver version of a few of the bows. Hopefully they will appear in shops, or be in use by bandits. My character I'm testing this with has no crafting skill so I'm not seeing any weapons yet, however since I copied the base version of the bow and simply added an effect, I would assume they are.

To get the weapons just type "help silver" in the console command. You'll see things like "Silver Glass Bow" or "Silver Hunting Bow"

If I can figure out how to have the bows use a specific texture, I may take the base texture (for example the Orcish Bow texture) and give it a silver tint.

Installation is simple, all you need is the .esp.

SilverWeapons.esp

*Edit* Fixed a small mistake

I would appreciate some screenshots...

Theres not really anything to screenshot. All the new "silver" weapons look exactly the same as the standard ones, I just added the silver weapon effect to it and gave them a new name. If I figure out how to make them use a new texture (I want to take the original texture and tint it silver) then I will add some screenshots definitely.

Also, it dawned on me that you can't craft them  because they are enchanted. I cant say if merchants sell them or if bandits use them yet, but I equipped one from the console command and the effect does work (took down a Master Vampire in 3 stealth shots).

Archived