NPC lag New Vegas

Taskmaster

Is there a fix out there for lag/freezing around hostile NPCs? 

Whenever I run the game and get into contact with anything hostile, the game lags when I look in that general direction. If I stay facing the problem area, things run at 60. The moment I turn around and back toward it, the game freezes for a second again.

Ok found a few possible solutions.

"temo" in the console, which removes the emotion from the facegen so.

Another was a command to remove NPC's heads.

The other is the nvidia d3d9.dll. I've used this and it didn't work, so I'm attempting to try a different .dll.

What kind of setup do you have ?

You may want to either upgrade it, or make sure your install is not corrupted (reinstall it from Steam).

You shouldn't have such issues on a vanilla game.

The recommendation of <NV stutter remover [ v4.136 ]-34832.7z> is a good one :

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34832

Be aware that it requires NVSE to work :

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1512847-new-vegas-script-extender-nvse-v4

I reinstalled the game before I modded it again, I also cleaned the BSAs.

I'm on Z97, i7 4790k, GTX 970, with 8gb RAM.

I use the stutter remover, the anti crash, and nvse_config heap tweak. I've even tried the nvidia d3d9 at the cost of sweetfx and it did nothing. 

The game runs smooth as silk everywhere, except for hostile NPCs, and last time I had a play session I was lagging at the last campfire outside Goodsprings(the last Sunny Smiles one).

My last guess is that it's a script thing, does NV have .ini tweaks for script load?

Archived