Possible to apply Reanimate spell effect?

gekker

My question is it possible to apply the Reanimate Corpse/Dead Thrall visual effect through the console?  I was trying addspell but none of the spell id's seem to work.  Ghost Ability works using the command with its ID, but I'm not sure if the same things is possible for the smoky effect you get with the reanimation spell.

Again I just want the visual effect and am pretty much a novice. Any help would be appreciated.

You'll have to make a new mod for that:

1) Familiarize yourself with how to load plugins and save new mods in the Creation Kit.

2) Create new magic effect with an Effect Archetype of "Script", a Casting Type of "Constant Effect", and a Delivery of "Self". Have the flags "No Death Dispel", "Hide in UI" and "FX Persist" checked. Edit the Hit Shader so that it uses the one used by Reanimate effects (you'll have to look at those magic effects to see which one they use).

3) Create a new Spell. Edit it so that it is Type "Ability", Casting Type "Constant Effect", and Delivery "Self". Add your Magic Effect to the Spell.

4) Save your mod and make sure it's checked in your load order.

5) In-game, use the console to search for your Spell's name and add it to your PC or other targets.

You'll have to make a new mod for that:

1) Familiarize yourself with how to load plugins and save new mods in the Creation Kit.

2) Create new magic effect with an Effect Archetype of "Script", a Casting Type of "Constant Effect", and a Delivery of "Self". Have the flags "No Death Dispel", "Hide in UI" and "FX Persist" checked. Edit the Hit Shader so that it uses the one used by Reanimate effects (you'll have to look at those magic effects to see which one they use).

3) Create a new Spell. Edit it so that it is Type "Ability", Casting Type "Constant Effect", and Delivery "Self". Add your Magic Effect to the Spell.

4) Save your mod and make sure it's checked in your load order.

5) In-game, use the console to search for your Spell's name and add it to your PC or other targets.

Thanks for the clear and quick response, I'll give it a shot.  Much appreciated!

Archived