Adding Hairstyles

Gumihoyah

Hey guise,

I feel like I'm currently stuck and not finding a good resource to help me along with my problem , I turn to you!

I have a few hairs lying around that I converted into wigs and are currently in my game. But as we all know a wig is ... yes a wig. Im trying to find a good tutorial on how to make my wigs into actualy hair! can anybody help me get started on this? ^--^

• 4 weeks later...

Hair in Skyrim has two meshes, a "hairline" and a simple "hair" one. However, they can be exactly the same mesh, so if you have a complete one, you can just use it as a "hairline" and "hair".

Besides the .nif mesh, you also need a .tri file which you can generate using The Conformulator (on Oblivion Nexus) + Skyrim Hair Morph Helper (on Skyrim Nexus I think, it contains dummy .egm files so that The Conformulator will work for Skyrim)

In the Creation Kit, under HeadParts, you add the "hairline" as an extra part (just open one of the vanilla hairlines and edit the file paths so they point to your mesh and .tri, then save as a new form) and the "hair" as a normal part (do the same as with the "hairline", but also delete the vanilla extra part from the list and add the "hairline" you created before). If you want your hairstyle to work on all races/a specific race, you also have to select the vaild races from a dropdown menu on both the "hairline" and the "hair" forms (for example, AllRacesMinusBeast). Also check that your hairs are marked for the gender you want to use them on.

Once you got both forms saved, save the plugin and test ingame whether your hairstyle(s) show up.

If something goes wrong or if you're unsure about sth, feel free to ask :)

Thanks alot for the help foukes! there was actually a nice tutorial in here with pictures on how to put sims hair in game so I followed it and was able to do it succesfully :D also recently found out that if yoyr hair has multiple parts u can add them as extra parts. Because only the first part will show in game

Archived