Mod Organizer + FNIS Tip

Cocein

I just want to warn people not to install Mod Organizer in their Skyrim Data folder. I spent a few days resolving a problem with FNIS being unable to update behavior files and that was the thing that caused it all. I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, and I probably shouldn't have installed it there to begin with, but I want people to be aware of the problem. It wasn't listed in any of the sources I checked while looking for solutions.

When you run FNIS with mod organizer normally, it will throw all the generated behavior files into the correct folders in your overwrite folder. IE: meshes, tools, etc.

When you run FNIS with mod organizer installed in your Data folder, it will throw the generated behavior files into a weird file tree in overwrite. It will look something like "ModOrganizer->Mods->FNIS->meshes->...etc" instead of just "meshes->...etc". As a result it can't find the files where it expects them to be in the overwrite folder when it goes looking.

Archived