Problem with breast bouncing in armors

BookBurner

Hi

I started working with hdt.xml and bodyslide  and I am modifying all armours to fit the exact body I have. I had no problem with bones and such, but I noticed constant breast bounce with the armour on. Without armour it works well, but once equipped the breasts don't stop bouncing.

what I did:

1) loaded my body as reference

2) loaded some armour (for example studded leather armour)

3) removed original body in the .nif, added body from reference

4) reshaped armour to fit the body

5) copied bones

profit... almost... until I noticed this bug :). Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

so you want no bouncing at all with armor equipped? If you want the armor to control the bounce you will either need to make multiple xmls and reference each to each specific armor, or repaint the breast bones to either be lighter or heavier to control the Bounce. Like in outfit studio the paint goes from dark blue to red, red being the HEAVIEST painting, meaning the bone will influence the vertices the most of all the bones involved.

I assume for light armor you're looking for somewhere between 'jiggle like jello-o' and 'rigid like steel?'  Rather than removing the breast bone entirely, try cutting the weight on the breast bones in half.

Edit: Upon rereading your first post, I'd say that the 'bug' is creeping in when you do that last step, 'copying the bone weights.'  That is why powerofvoid is saying 'it's basically body-paint;' if you want to modify the amount of jiggle, you have to go back and modify the bone weights manually.

Archived