Vampirism and appearance

ilythiir

Hiyo,

I've decided to try out playing as a vampire full-time, and was pleased to discover that my character won't look like a century-old raisin anymore. Huzzah!

However, I'm quite fond of my face and I'd like it to stay exactly as it is before I "turn". Is there any way to do this?

I've been mucking about with the toolset and I fiddled some with the head parts of the vampire races, but I couldn't figure out how to avoid the "shape"-characteristics of vampirism (hollow cheeks, sharper chin etc). What can I say? I'm still in my modding infancy.

Do I have to somehow create a new vampire race with a different facemorph, and again somehow assign it to a corresponding "living" race? Am I completely lost in the woods?

Any help is appreciated!

I forgot to say that you can not get rid of the sunken cheeks on vampires. The Vampire keyword (which is required for Skyrim's vampire scripts to work) automatically changes the facial structure and skin tone.

When you say "compatible with a custom race", do you mean making the mod affect vampires of custom races? Like playing as the Oriental Race and then becoming a vampire?

OK, to get it to work with a custom race, you'll need to open up these source scripts (X.pcs files) in the Creation Kit, Notepad++, or something similar. I think it's much easier in Notepad++.

PlayerVampireRaceQuest.pcs, _VampireChangeMagic.pcs, PlayerVampireQuestScript.pcs

Look for every section that mentions races by name, like this

elseif (Target.GetActorBase().GetRace() == HighELfRace)

Target.SetRace(HighELfRaceVampire)

elseif (Target.GetActorBase().GetRace() == HighELfRaceVampire)

Target.SetRace(HighELfRace)

Add new entries to every section, but use your race's IDs (Xrace and Xracevampire). It's easiest to just copy and paste an existing race's entry, then replace the race IDs.

Using the above example section, it will look like this

elseif (Target.GetActorBase().GetRace() == XRace)

Target.SetRace(XVampire)

elseif (Target.GetActorBase().GetRace() == XVampire)

Target.SetRace(XRace)

Then just save your changes.

Open the Creation Kit and load up any .esp or .esm. Open the Papyrus Script Manager (under Gameplay) and find the scripts you edited, then right-click them and click Compile.

Your custom race should then work just fine, but you'll have to do this for every custom race you have.

I experimented some with the scripts, but I, uh, kinda skipped the compile-step before I saw your post. :P

I haven't been able to make it work (yet) though. Even though I add the entries for the custom race, nothing happens when I feed or attempt to use the shapechanging power.

I'll take another look later today, and try adding the entries again to a "clean" file.

Archived