(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻ Need help!

SummGai

kk my problem is a major one. Every time I launch skyrim, i get the bethesda logo and when i get to the main menu i instantly ctd. At first it might be the new mods i put in so i removed them but i still ctd. The thing is it was working fine on Saturday when i last played it. So if anyone can share wisdom upon my issue, than i would be forever your debt.

kk my problem is a major one. Every time I launch skyrim' date=' i get the bethesda logo and when i get to the main menu i instantly ctd. At first it might be the new mods i put in so i removed them but i still ctd. The thing is it was working fine on Saturday when i last played it. So if anyone can share wisdom upon my issue, than i would be forever your debt.

[/quote']

Sounds like a similar problem I had myself. For me, it turned out every time I used TesModManager, it would place .ghost at the end of several mods. I think the crash mainly came from Update.esm being renamed to Update.esm.ghost.

Hope that helps.

If it's that early' date=' then it could only be the result of missing masters for mods, or missing strings for mods. See if Wyrebash has anything to say.

[/quote']

what should i be looking for?

Go to nexus mod manager, NMM and go to the plugins tab. look for anything that says something other then "Masters: Skyrim.esm"

and see if you have the required plugin.

example: Extended Colors - Hair Only.esp requires both Skyrim.esm and Extended Colors.esm

the game probably wouldnt load for me if i disabled extended colors.esm, or atleast thats how it was for FO:NV

• 2 weeks later...

@-Icewing-

Okay, it's weird that you mentioned Extended Colors because that is the ONLY mod I am having trouble with at the moment. My game immediately crashes back to desktop once the game gets to the menu. Aside from that, I also keep getting this error message that says Skyrim.esm is missing. When I go to the location, it shows skyrim.esm.ghost.

I do use tesmodmanager, which was mentioned as well. How can I make it compatible with nmm if at all possible? If not, would getting rid of it fix the problem with both the Extended Colors mod & the skyrim.esm.ghost issue?

@-Icewing-

Okay' date=' it's weird that you mentioned Extended Colors because that is the ONLY mod I am having trouble with at the moment. My game immediately crashes back to desktop once the game gets to the menu. Aside from that, I also keep getting this error message that says Skyrim.esm is missing. When I go to the location, it shows skyrim.esm.ghost.

I do use tesmodmanager, which was mentioned as well. How can I make it compatible with nmm if at all possible? If not, would getting rid of it fix the problem with both the Extended Colors mod & the skyrim.esm.ghost issue?

[/quote']

well the extended colours updated to the proper one which has all the version in one and to fix the ghost issue install wrye bash, it has a function that repairs ghosts (i had the same issue with one of hentai's armors)

Oh god, why is anything being ghosted?

For some reason the official launcher likes to shut off Skyrim.esm and Update.esm, perhaps because they run automatically either way. But your program is ghosting them and changing their extensions, so the game isn't finding them. Wrye Bash has a ghosting function that can be easily enabled or disabling by right-clicking the top bar above your mod list. Once it's disabled everything will be un-ghosted.

See, ghosting a mod keeps the game from loading mods, which keeps the .esp list down. This was an issue in Oblivion because even inactive mods were getting counted, and after around 350 of them got in there, problems occured. Ghosting helped this.

I would hope that program you guys are using has an anti-ghosting option as well. But if it doesn't, Wrye Bash does.

Worst comes to worst you can also use Steam's Verify Game Cache option, it will replace whatever files it can't find.

Archived