Infinite Load Screen

ExESGO

I really have no idea what is going on, but when I load up a save, the game would enter an infinite loading screen.

I don't get why, since every time I make a new game (which I end up doing a lot), the game loads fast and fine.

Do any of you guys/gals have any idea on how to fix this?

Most often this is caused by a mod. 'Extended Slider Colors' for example causes this for some people. Uncheck one mod, start the game. If it is not loading check it back and uncheck another. Do this as long as it takes to load correctly. I always let start with the latest mods I installed.

It may be also the result of a change in one of your ini files. In that case just use your backup and copy it over. Erasing the skyrim.ini and the skyrimprefs.ini will result in a fresh version. But these my lack entries of some mods and can therefore result is misbehaviour as well.

I had this for a while, on both new and old games. It stopped after I downloaded an alternate start mod, or it did MOSTLY. When it doesn't seem to be loading, I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and hit cancel. Game comes back up on it's own after a second or two and runs fine. Weird things happen to the face though.

Yesterday I run into the same issue. My last game was always affected. One of the older ones worked mostly and then I could load the last save. Pretty weired. Today I reinstalled and the only thing I did not, was using a tool that changes the ini to hide the compass, sneaking eye, markers etc. I have no problems anymore. I am quite happy that I made a steam-backup with hirespack and creation kit when freshly installed. Took 8 minutes to install. Then some omod clicking and I was finished.

Archived