Tutorial on how to port weapons from other games?

mike1234121

Hello I'd just like to have a tutorial on how to port guns, characters and clothes (if possible) from other games like Call of Duty, Payday, Battlefield, dead space, state of decay, arma, bioshock, etc etc... 

A tutorial with the required applications and stuff, I do own the games and anyway I want to port them for me.

Call of Duty stuff are .ff files, I don't know where to start, any tutorials or anything please?

You might wanna look here or look up for Nightasy tutorials ( most of the clothing porting info's applies to the weapons too )

- first you need to learn about file system , where is what. Here you can learn sth about this

- look for file extractors , in your case look for a tool that extracts files from these .ff, i cant help you with that becouse i didn't messed with CoD's

Find a specific file extractor and depending on what kind of file it will be, for example source game uses .mdl files, but they are packed in .gcf/vpk/bsp archives so you need firstly to unpack that .gcf archive. Afterwards ;

You will need to decompile this file into sth that 3dsmax or blender will be able to open\read. In this case Source engines files are converted to .smd ( works like a storage for models and textures .mdl/vtx/vmt ) which can be opened by programs. You will probably need a .smd import script for blender/3dsmax,

Now look for textures, Valve games uses .vtx/vmt so you will need to convert them to .tga and .tga to .dds , which Skyrim reads correctly.

Import some vanilla weapon to the blender/3dsmax , resize/reshape/reposition your custom exported weapon to match the vanilla model and export as .nif ( you will need a nif export script too ). Open up nifskope , two times . Once for your Custom Weapon and second one for Vanilla Weapon. Copy Custom weapon model to the Vanilla Weapon window, delete vanilla weapon , re-align and finito.

Now try to create normal maps from your textures ( becouse not every game comes with _n textures ) , do a .nif cleaning, aling textures directories ,mess up with shaders. Create an .esp in the CK/GECK

This is probably how it goes , all I can remember from my memory about weapons. For each game , pattern is similar. Just different tools and less or more time spent to get it to work. I was having fun with Source games , LoL , Deadspace ( sounds mostly ) and a few unreal games that are pretty easy to crack like Killing Floor or harder ones like xbox games.

I could do few mistakes , pardon me. So yeah it is a time consuming work, especially if you are working on the armours.

Alternatively you could use a ripping tool to "download" model and textures directly from the game but it doesn't  always works good. If a X game has a strong fov , weapon will be distorted. It can be fixed in the 3d-editing but it takes time.

@I haven't noticed it was in the Fallout subforum but I guess it works in the same way. I don't know how to work with firearms , though.

Archived