HDT High Heel effect script not functioning on newly made heels...

Budroi

I am trying to attach the high heel effect script to some new heels in the CK.

I have the script attached exactly like the HDT high heel system mod on nexus explained but it does not activate when I equip the heels.

I named the effect very similiar to the heels themselves in ck so when I [help "sexy spo"] I see the heels and the spell effect.

If I use [player.addspell XXXXXXXX] the spell equips as long as I am wearing the heels.

When I unequip the heels the "invalid spell" is removed.

What can I do or how do I fix so that the effect activates upon equip?

Also sorry if this is the wrong place but I asked awhile ago on the HDT high heels mod page and received no response.

So I'm hoping the awesome people here can provide an answer.

*edit*

I also get no papyrus log errors or anything from this.

From what I've seen while playing with this system, you shouldn't have to attach any script to your foot wear. The system works by attaching an enchantment to an item. These enchantments are called:

hdtHHENCHcustom1

hdtHHENCHcustom2

hdtHHENCHcustom3

Attaching one of these to any item will activate the character raising effect. You should even be able to make a custom enchantment with the HDT effect as one of the effects. It's called hdtHighHeelEffect.

From what I've seen while playing with this system, you shouldn't have to attach any script to your foot wear. The system works by attaching an enchantment to an item. These enchantments are called:

hdtHHENCHcustom1

hdtHHENCHcustom2

hdtHHENCHcustom3

Attaching one of these to any item will activate the character raising effect. You should even be able to make a custom enchantment with the HDT effect as one of the effects. It's called hdtHighHeelEffect.

I followed the directions on the mod site

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36213/?

And it doesn't do what its supposed too.

The whole reason i am attaching the effect in ck is so i do not have to use the MCM menu to activate it.

This allows me to still enchant it as well (I believe)

Did you set the effect magnitude for the HighHeelEventTrigger effect on your heels' spell? It defaults to 0. Did you check the settings for the spell?

When I tried with those instructions, it worked, so you're just missing something somewhere. If you can't find it, attach your esm file, and I can take a look (and tell me the spell and item IDs!).

The whole reason i am attaching the effect in ck is so i do not have to use the MCM menu to activate it.

Yeah, you'll be able to enchant the item (I checked it). For foot wear that comes with an enchantment, you can just add the heels effect to the enchantment.

Did you set the effect magnitude for the HighHeelEventTrigger effect on your heels' spell? It defaults to 0. Did you check the settings for the spell?

When I tried with those instructions, it worked, so you're just missing something somewhere. If you can't find it, attach your esm file, and I can take a look (and tell me the spell and item IDs!).

Yeah, you'll be able to enchant the item (I checked it). For foot wear that comes with an enchantment, you can just add the heels effect to the enchantment.

Yea i figured it out. for some reason upon esp creation it removed the effect from the shoes.

When i opened it back up in ck and noticed it missing I readded it and resaved. Then tested and it worked as it should.

Looks like I need to go back and redo all the failed attempts I had in the past and double check to make sure the effect persisted through esp creation.

Archived