So what fixed what?

Leaf the Elf

I had two complaining threads before: Season Unending being broken, and Beyond Death being broken.

So I read up more on complaints about slow scripts, and I did two things.

First, I edited Skyrim.ini...

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=800
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2457600
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Then, I cleaned up all the DLCs and mods that needed cleaning with Tes5edit.

I started a new game, and wow.... Everything runs so fluidly now. The scripts aren't delayed like before. When I want to pick up a ninroot, my character picks it up immediately, without seconds of delay like before.

I did not test Season Unending or Beyond Death yet, but I assume they should be working fine now.

So what fixed what?

What did the real effect?

The real deal is the undelete and disable references function in TES5Edit. Let's assume one of your mods deleted Lydia. No other mod, even Skyrim itself, could work with Lydia again because she is gone, poof... Result: Skyrim will crash.

Now TES5Edit will undelete the deleted entry and disable it. Now every mod can atleast get the record entry of Lydia again. They can't work with her (because she is disabled) but it will no longer lead to a CTD.

Archived