How do you add custom hairs with the new CK?

MrCasual

Nevermind' date=' I found out. This is kind of a pain. Its on the character tab on the left under "Headparts"

[/quote']

Oh yes it is! But on the bright side at least with the new setup most cosmetic mods are going to be mutually compatible now! We can run several different hair/makeup/eye/tattoo mods together without having to merge them. I hated that in Oblivion! The new method is more like Morrowind (ah the good old annoyance... ^^) but at least the clunkiness should pay off in the long term.

I have been running into issue after issue. The hair shows up fine in the CK, but in the game it doesn't work. I heard this has to do with saves...I tried the console commands, kill, resurrect, disable, and enable...nothing. This is starting to get pretty frustrating

I was able to successfully import some Tera hair onto some NPCs but I've run into a another problem. The esp I think reverts my face textures back to the vanilla ones, with a noticeable seam and unnatural skin transition. I'm using CHSBHC.

4L2n8.jpg

As you can see, the seams are fine on Illia, but I haven't modded her yet.

That's just weird. Adding hairs to races was the *one* thing I was really good at in Oblivion (lol you can see where my priorities are...) and if I can't do the same for Skyrim without re-uploading my textures it will piss. me. off.

Did you try using the NPC editor, latest version? As long as it's a vanilla character they seem to have that part down to a science. I would guess you add in the hair to the race and then select it on the NPC editor then test.

I haven't started playing with the CK yet. I've downloaded it, and I have some tutorials up but yeah.

I tried using the NPC editor and I got the same result. It seems like no matter what, I cannot make an edit to an NPC without it saving the default skin over my custom skin. Is there a way to import skin textures into the creation kit? I looked everywhere and I could find no such option (unlike Oblivion).

I tried using the NPC editor and I got the same result. It seems like no matter what' date=' I cannot make an edit to an NPC without it saving the default skin over my custom skin. Is there a way to import skin textures into the creation kit? I looked everywhere and I could find no such option (unlike Oblivion).

[/quote']

The quickfix for the seam issue is to click on the npc you edited in object window of creation kit and click ctrl f4.I think bethesda is working on fix.

I been trying too import face textures for a custom race not quite sure how its done besides maybe by editing TextureSet then the loading that in headparts then into a new race. Anyone have a clue how to make a custom race with new textures? Because I am kind of stumped.

That's just weird. Adding hairs to races was the *one* thing I was really good at in Oblivion (lol you can see where my priorities are...) and if I can't do the same for Skyrim without re-uploading my textures it will piss. me. off.

Did you try using the NPC editor' date=' latest version? As long as it's a vanilla character they seem to have that part down to a science. I would guess you add in the hair to the race and then select it on the NPC editor then test.

I haven't started playing with the CK yet. I've downloaded it, and I have some tutorials up but yeah.

[/quote']

How do you add custom hairs to the NPC editor? I tried loading from ESP and that didn't seem to work.

I just downloaded the newest version.

How do you add custom hairs to the NPC editor? I tried loading from ESP and that didn't seem to work.

I just downloaded the newest version.

Quoted from foretrenty's comment on nexus:

There are many features the CK have over this editor. I do intend to include them in the future.

Currently my plans are:

- Add warpaints' date=' skin tone and makeups.

- Add the functionality so that no meshes are needed, only .esp. (CK has shown me a switch)

- Add .esp support for head parts / morph.

- Add other previously unknown functionalities the CK has revealed.

For neck seams, the problem is solved with the morphs. If you used setnpcweight before, then it cannot be altered by the editor. Just setnpcweight again to match the one you choosed on the editor and it should work fine. (Not considering body mods).

As you know npc 'body' are shared by all, not like individual NPC facegeoms.

Going to have to wait until he does it. So for now do it the old way with meshes and texture folders not the standalone ESP way or just use CK.

Actually, I tested it out on another NPC, and it worked. It won't work for Ysolda (i'm guessing) because she's married to me.

2012-02-09_00001.jpg

I tried disable, enable, markfordelete, resetreference, etc. on Ysolda Do I need to "divorce" her, then do all that as well? I would think it would reset all of that stuff as well.

I also "divorced" her on one save with the following commands, and it still didn't work. Its like she's baked into the game as is.

completequest 0007431B

resetquest 0007431B

resetquest 00021382

I tried using the NPC editor and I got the same result. It seems like no matter what' date=' I cannot make an edit to an NPC without it saving the default skin over my custom skin. Is there a way to import skin textures into the creation kit? I looked everywhere and I could find no such option (unlike Oblivion).

[/quote']

The quickfix for the seam issue is to click on the npc you edited in object window of creation kit and click ctrl f4.I think bethesda is working on fix.

I been trying too import face textures for a custom race not quite sure how its done besides maybe by editing TextureSet then the loading that in headparts then into a new race. Anyone have a clue how to make a custom race with new textures? Because I am kind of stumped.

I gave up trying to change Ysolda, it just won't work for her, but I made a custom NPC in the CK and I get the texture problem too.

I tried ctrl + F4 like you said, but it didn't seem to work.

Has anyone managed to figure this out yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived