Creation Kit: Navemesh has not parent space on load of Skyrim.esm

RogueMage

Opening the CK works just fine. But when I check the Skyrim.esm and load it I get this error during the loading procedure:

MASTERFILE: NavmeshInfo 00028e37 has no parent space, ignoring

"Yes to all" will disable all Warnings for this context.

I already validated the gamefiles using steam. I also get this when checking the Update.esm as well.

Any ideas? Thx in advance.

It seems all people that either use a foreign (in this case none english) language version of the game OR of windows get these stupid messages.

I run my CK on a german computer with a british copy of the game, and I can load and save mods, but still get those messages. If anyone has a fix, I would be thankful too.

It seems, however, that's something bethesda has to fix.

It seems all people that either use a foreign (in this case none english) language version of the game OR of windows get these stupid messages.

I run my CK on a german computer with a british copy of the game' date=' and I can load and save mods, but still get those messages. If anyone has a fix, I would be thankful too.

It seems, however, that's something bethesda has to fix.

[/quote']

Using german windows with uk-import of the game in english as well. Made an NPC, saved and she showed up in Riften. So it seems to work. Hope Bethesda starts thinking multilingual/-cultural. The US probably have the most players/buyers but the other countries together probably are not of a tiny number as well.

video

What does that mean for the error we are getting? Don't we have working navmeshes or no navmeshes at all? O.O That would blow.

Navmeshes provide the path for NPCs to walk around. When you create a mod which has new cells, triggering this bug causes NPCs to stop walking, and the only solution is to restart the game.

It seems it's been there for 5 years and it's still not fixed. Why does it not surprise me? lol Bethesda.

video

What does that mean for the error we are getting? Don't we have working navmeshes or no navmeshes at all? O.O That would blow.

Well he said: 'esm-files are not infected..' and I learned that I have to split any mod in an esm with the architecture/leveldesign and an esp for the other stuff and then the architectural esp has to be converted into an esm. There was a way for that for oblivion. Never done it before though.

@Surenas: Very useful video, just downloaded and put it in my mods tutorial archive. Thx.

Archived