SKSE 1.7.1 memory handling

circ

ILS's were pretty rare before I started using SKSE, and with the first version of the memory patch and SKSE, CTD's were pretty much gone too. But since upgrading to SKSE (possibly) 1.7.0 and then 1.7.1 I've been seeing a lot of ILS's, specially when changing worldspaces - traveling to Fort Dawnguard or Solstheim after running around elsewhere for a while. And CTD's though rarer, have made a return.

So the other day I decided to also install SSME, and supposedly it replaces SKSE's memory settings and I haven't done THAT much testing, but I haven't seen a single ILS or CTD so far.

Here are my skse.ini memory settings:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

I don't have the mempatch.dll file in the root folder anymore because it's supposedly integrated into the newer versions of SKSE, so, anyone know what's going on?

Try hdtSkyrimMemPatch. Doubt it will help, but who knows...

Also, install memblocklog plugin and look what's happening when you get an ILS. If you're reaching 512mb on the first block, you want to increase it further.

MemBlockLog will also show you if mempatch is actually working or not.

Otherwise it's just your mods acting bad.

Archived