Anybody here running a modded Skyrim on UHD ?

Sunja44

Above question is just personal interest, because I am tempted to achieve an UHD monitor (to be specific this one: http://www.asus.com/de/Monitors_Projectors/PB287Q/). 

At moment I run a heaviliy modded Skyrim with the following specifications:

Asus Z97 Deluxe

i7 4790 K (stable UEFI BIOS Turbo mode 4,4 Ghz) 
16 GB 1600er G.Skill Ripjaws RAM

2 x Asus Geforce GTX Titan 6GB VRAM SLI

1 TB Samsung Evo SSD (booting and playing from here) 

Asus PB278Q LED 2560 x 1440 display

In addition I use the normal preset from Serenity ENB.

I still get around 30 to 60 fps (depends on interiors or exteriors) and I am running SKyrim without EdgeAA, SubpixelAA or TemporalAA, just the usual ENB sharpening technics like SSAO, SweetFX and Lumasharpening. I am still able to run this on 2560 x 1440 without water cooling, just a custom CPU fan (although GPU temperature needs a steep fan curve and is reaching around 80°C)

i wonder what beast(s) of grafic cards you might need to run the above UHD monitor in 3840 x 2160 pixel density for a modded Skyrim with ENB. In my experience a heavily modded Skyrim + ENB still leaves even newest DX11 games behind when it comes to performance costs.

Any experience here with such deluxe systems and setups?

My guess is you might need at least a high class SLI build for normal but up to date games and maybe even a quadSLI system for a heavily modded Skyrim + ENB setup. My strong guess is that you won't need any aliasing technics due to the high pixel density which will work as a sort of "inbuilt AA", so you might get some performance back in return.

Archived