TBBP body mesh twisting on intermediate weight

AlpineYJ

Hey all,

Basically, all I did was form the lower parts of a UNP BBP mesh around a SeveNBase Bombshell body. It didn't take long, and it came out extremely well. A couple of days later, a helpful Nexus user pointed out that the offset of the body was off -vs- the hands, etc. I looked at it using the mod he was referencing, and sure enough - it's off.

Anyway, I had a fix done within a couple of hours, except that I used a TBBP body this time. TBBP bodies (in the past) have given me fits for some odd reason, and this one is no exception. The body shows up in-game and looks fantastic at either the 0 or 100 weight settings. When I move the weight slider in RaceMenu to *any* intermediate weight, the vertices twist and distort themselves really badly - almost looks like a transporter accident (think Star Trek I). When I move the slider all the way to the 0 or 100 side, the vertices "snap" back to position as if nothing was wrong.

I use Blender 2.49a, NifTools, etc, etc. I've converted gobs of armor meshes (non-bouncy) with no issues. The only oddities I run into are when I try to do something with TBBP bodies. I've made the modification within nif_common.py to change the max bones per partition from 18 to 60. Before that modification, the result was an exploded mess.

Below is a 7zip that contains some "before" meshes, some "after" meshes, along with two videos.  One video shows my workflow for importing & exporting a mesh into and out of Blender, and the other shows the resulting mess using the RaceMenu weight slider.  I used a pre-weighted TBBP UNP body for this specific demo.  All I did was import it into Blender, then export it again - no other adjustments.  There is obviously something I am missing - or there is a trick that I am missing.  :(  As I've mentioned, I've used Blender to convert gobs of armors (for my own use), and this is the very first time I've encountered anything like this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rUWJmi6w3DbVlKTVdNTG56ZzA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help anybody can give me!

I'm no expert but your meshes have been smoothed and that's alot of poly's for a unp based body,

adding smoothing groups has no effect at all,

you really have to make sure vertex order and number are identical between the meshes for skyrim's morpher to work.

I'm probably not 100% on the money, but i'd say go back to before you bounced down any smoothing modifiers and export with smoothing groups instead.

you've definately won the prize for "most heinous effect that doesn't crash skyrim ever" ;)

I'm no expert but your meshes have been smoothed and that's alot of poly's for a unp based body,

adding smoothing groups has no effect at all,

you really have to make sure vertex order and number are identical between the meshes for skyrim's morpher to work.

I'm probably not 100% on the money, but i'd say go back to before you bounced down any smoothing modifiers and export with smoothing groups instead.

you've definately won the prize for "most heinous effect that doesn't crash skyrim ever" ;)

You are correct, as soon as the _0 and _1 meshes' vertices aren't the identical number anymore the mesh will "explode" at any weight that isn't 0 or 100.

Archived