3DS Max Trouble....Part 2

GamerRaizen

So I'm editing the meshes for the Apex Werewolf, trying to add armor and what not. Now, I edited the mesh via 3DS Max 2012. I imported the Tsun Armor and edited it to fit the wrists and the ankles, then imported and edited the ebony curiass to fit the body. Here's the finished product....

post-514878-0-65591200-1406904207_thumb.png

I just started attempting to mod this week, let me know what you guys think  :D

Anyway, I used the smooth, with a selection of 2, created a skinwrap then created a BSDismember Skin modifier. 

This is what the outcome was.

post-514878-0-14088800-1406906803_thumb.jpg

post-514878-0-46052000-1406906818_thumb.jpg

I know how to fix the problem with the skin not appearing on the body thanks to Utkor  :D , but as far as fixing the texture on the armor...I'm lost AND the tsun edit isn't even showing at all. Help!

that looks awesome so far!

your NIF should not have only one NiTriShape node,

you need atleast 2, one for the werewolf and another for the rings.

you need to skin seperately,

so once the rings are in place in 3ds export them seperately with or without a skin modifier

and then import them into max again and skin them again,

collapsing any modifiers before doing the smooth->skinwrap->export.

so as a rule export your meshes as nif before you skinwrap, then reimport and do the skin wrap.

Don't use a BsDismember in this case, that's for slotting the player toon's inventory,

so convert the BsDismember in nifskope to a NiSkinInstance by right-clicking the block and selecting convert

or don't add one at all before exporting.

the rings may also be invisible because you didn't paste the original BSLightingShaderProperty applicable to them

from the original tsun armour NiTriShape.

so once the rings are in place in 3ds export them seperately with or without a skin modifier

so as a rule export your meshes as nif before you skinwrap, then reimport and do the skin wrap.

Don't use a BsDismember in this case, that's for slotting the player toon's inventory,

so convert the BsDismember in nifskope to a NiSkinInstance by right-clicking the block and selecting convert

the rings may also be invisible because you didn't paste the original BSLightingShaderProperty applicable to them

Thank you! I'll give it aa try right now and let you know the outcome!

keep going, sometimes this shit can give you a headache ;)

Guest LogicFoxX

Are you using the latest version of nif scripts for 3ds max, from the nexus? If so, there is a terrible problem with the shader export. Your textures will look all one color. Normally, I just copy over the previous BSlightingshader property from the old nif but since you are doing a new one, I'm not sure. Just an idea, double check the BSlightingshader property to make sure the settings are correct. Cross reference if you need to. If that doesn't work, try using older 3ds max nif scripts, if you can find them, someone was telling me they found some older ones but I don't know where they were.

Also, since there are no tri files, it might do you good to give blender 2.49b a shot. It's very, erm, hammer and stone chisel, but it can do basic stuff like this.

I got it working! Thanks again!! Let me know what you think!

post-514878-0-77724500-1406912453_thumb.jpg

post-514878-0-81070300-1406912464_thumb.jpg

I got it working! Thanks again!! Let me know what you think!

that werewolf looks bad-ass, nice one... maybe try something else with more spikes... ;)

Archived