Old World Sounds - Framerate Plummet problem

I am having problems with sounds that drops the FPS to barely playable or unplayable levels. Let me clarify. For quite some time now I'd been having problems with Sunset Sarsaparilla Vending Machines. The problem is: Whenever I am in the vicinity of these Vending Machines, framerate drops to 1, for some reason. Sometimes it isn't so bad. I mean the game coughs a little but sometimes it literally hiccups. Not those one-time hiccups either, ones that go on and on until you swear at it but it still won't go away. I don't have this problem when I am near a Nuka-Cola Vending Machine, only Sunset Sarsaparilla ones. I observed that Nuka-Cola VMs give out a "bzzt bzzzt bzzt" sound whereas SASS VMs give out a "bzzbzzzbzzzbzzzbzzz" sound. It's like the sound file was badly-coded or something. I don't remember having this problem when I had the illegitimate copy. But the only notable difference from that copy is I didn't clean the OldWorldBlues.esm and the second one is...

I OWN A FUCKING STEAM COPY!!!!!!!

The reason I brought up OldWorldBlues.esm or why I think it's the perpetrator is: I was in the X-8 RF, I had just killed Gabe and I was on my way out of the Residential Test thingy. When I noticed that I experience that same framerate plummet while Mobius was talking through its robo-scorpions. And also all vending machine hex numbers were "03" and the fourth plugin in my load order is... you guessed it. It's OldWorldBlues.esm. I'll see if I will experience the same problem if I switch the cleaned .esm with the dirty one.

But in the mean time, has anyone else ever ran into this or heard of it?

EDIT: Interesting wrinkle, it turns out framerate does drop when the game is queueing the audio of SASSVM. But it is not persistent. I am guess the FPS drop is caused by the fact that the audio queue of SASSVM is forced. The FPS plummet, though... I think the game for some reason is constantly trying to force the audio queue. Before you ask, no I do not have my graphic settings set on anything my toast- I mean my computer can't handle. If that were the case the problem would be more constant or more frequent depeding on the "playtime" As sexual as that sounds.

EDIT2: Testing my theory, I am still convinced that that the dirty .esm is more FPS friendly. And that the game for some reason is forcing at least three samples of the same audio for SASSVM. After an hour long gameplay, FPS plummet is comes right back. But I think it would be worse with the clean .esm.

Archived