Looking to get into CK.

I've never done any CK work in my life. But I'm starting to consider it for personal use.

My current character is a female UNP mage; there are lots and lots of armors available that I would positively love to make use of.

The thing is that none of them have stats appropriate to my build: Specifically, every Mage armor under the sun on the Nexus is Light armor, and I play an armorless Mage Armor perk user. Mods like the Warhammer Sorceress Robes or the Blood Witch Armor are things I would !#%!%ing love to use; I would love even more to use them with the vanilla Archmage's Robes enchants (or Master Destruction robe enchants, if I ever decide to switch.)

I'm assuming that these mods can have their stuff loaded into the CK and tinkered with, but I don't know where to start (hell, I don't even know where to get the CK yet.)

Is this worth doing? Difficult? Simple?

Update: I have downloaded Creation Kit, and acquired the armor mod I wish to alter. I figured I would tinker and research and learn hands-on the way I always do. However, I cannot find the mod I wish to modify anywhere. CK only recognizes my default vanilla install because I use Mod Organizer to keep a clean installation around. 

Not certain how to proceed.

Move the armors files into the data folder while tinkering with them, and move them into MO afterwards :P

CK can't use the files in MO's directories.

Derp. I should have thought of this. Thank you, will attempt (and, I imagine, come back with more questions shortly.)

Doing this while ratting in Eve Online is going to get me blapped. I can already tell.

for some reason my CK crash every 20 minutes. I already tried verify it through steam but still crashing :-/

The CK is a rather buggy program. A fresh reinstall of the CK appeared to make the CK crash less frequently, but it still crashes at the most inconvenient times. The best advice I could give is just to save your work after every action. Better safe than sad. 

Okay, so if I'm following this correctly...

1) Boot up CK.
2) select mod's .esp file.

3) Hunt down the items I want to alter the stats of. 

4) find item I want to change
5) set armor value to 0
6) change armor type from Light to None

7) set keywords (I'm basically just duplicating whatever I see on the Archmage's Robes)

8) save file in CK

9) take mod's ESP, replace the original ESP with it
6) Profit?

I can't help but notice CK loads in the base Skyrim data and not just the mod ESP, if I don't change anything but data I know comes from the mod, it won't overwrite anything but the mod's .esp file, correct?

When you save the .esp, it automatically overwrites the esp you edited, but profit indeed. :)

And, correct, the CK will not modify the Skyrim.esm since it's used as a master file. 

Archived