ECE/Racemenu slider woes

(Sorry about posting to the wrong board, I thought I was on technical when I was writing it...speaking of writing, sorry if I was weird, I had a knee-jerk OHGAWD shy reaction to my doing a post.)

Hello everyone! I suppose this will be something new to chalk into my list of things I never thought I'd do, but that's a bit off topic.

I just started playing Skyrim and have been eager to play around with character generation, but I've found one awkward thing when it came to applying mods. When I try to use the breast or butt related sliders of Enhanced Character Edit or RaceMenu, they...just never seem to work.

It's not terrible to me, so if it's just not going to work I'll live with it, but it seems like it's able to happen and I really want to get broken sliders working. (..admittedly I do want to have bust and bum slides in particular)

The problem is that I don't know what to do, and when I looked at threads, readmes, and so on about it, I could only define that it seems like I missed an initial step.

I do understand that technically the process is that ECE/RM are trying to work with manipulating a breast section that's supposed to involve meshes attached to bones, apparently only to not in practice have anything to manipulate, but I can't seem to figure out how to get that to work. If what version is important, I am interested in the TBBP and 7base approaches to graphical models.

Here's the full list of mods, which I use through Mod Organizer for the most part:

(Outside of)

Smeltdown Ignots

Purewaters

Prometheus Beast Skeletons

More Dragons

Lightweight Potions&Poisons

Light Ingredients

Here there Be Monsters

Elaborate Enchantments

Dr Bandolier

Digitigrade Khajit + Argonian Raptor

Barenziah Quest Markers

Adventurers and Travelers

SkyUI

Amazing Follower Tweaks (listed in mod order after Hidden Treasures)

(Inside of)

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Unofficial High Resolution Patch (disabled on the plugins submenu)

RaceMenu

Lockpick Graduation by Lilyu

Immersive Armors for NPCs

Weapons and Armor Fixes

Smithing Perks Overhaul

Complete Crafting Overhaul

Immersive Weapons

Cloaks of Skyrim

Hidden Treasures

Ultimate Follower Overhaul

High Quality 3D Map

Achieve That

Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

Run For Your Lives

When Vampies Attack (disabled on the plugins submenu)

Appachii Sky Hair

Guard Dialogue Overhaull

Uncle Sheogerath

Shooting Stars

KenMod - Time on loading screen

A Matter of Time

Wearable Lanterns

Acquisitive Soul Gems

Phenderix Magic... Sounds Improved & Evolved

Apocalypse Spell Package (which, amusingly enough, I seem to have a german version? Oo; )

Warmer Magic Lights

Detailed Faces v2

Less Harsh Elves

Diverse Guards Skyrim

ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer

Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition

Enhanced Character Edit

Wet and Cold

Immersive Armors

Sounds of Skyrim... Civilization & The Wilds & The Dungeons

Interesting NPCs

XP32 Maximum Skeleton (oops...? I didn't realize I had this on...) (I just turned it off, still no progress)

Claralux

I am able to get the Calientes mod's graphical appearance to show up when naked, at least, although I'm not sure if it's affecting vanilla armor or not. I can't get these sliders to work even if I strip to my undergarments. My Skyrim is a steam version with no expansion DLCs. MO launches skyrim through SKSE with no custom launch settings.

Does anyone have any ideas concerning this?

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, so why exactly did you disable your skeleton? Having that enabled from MO automatically overwrites the vanilla skeletons.

One weird thing that happened to me was when I installed a skeleton, the name of the mod had these weird brackets in the name, like:

[Skeleton] XPMS Etc etc..

That [skeleton] part of the directory's name kept MO from properly installing or registering the skeleton. Remove that part of the mod name when you install the skeleton so you have a readable directory.

Actually, while we're on the subject, you should install the new XPMSE instead of the one you have. Much better.

Also, I don't know if the sliders for Racemenu needs it, but make sure you run FNIS at least once after you install your skeleton.

Archived